Tips and Tricks - Misting

Weekly Tips from our Creative Team

Moderator: ACOT Employee

genggay
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 93

Re: Tips and Tricks - Misting

Post by genggay »

I have a question on misting. I tried to use my maya road mist and it was actually spraying in two directions. Like there is a space between the two mist. Does anyone experience that and any tips on how to deal with it?
killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 356

Post by killarney_rose »

Here's another tip! I love using cardstock for this one because a thinner paper will wrinkle. I also like a smooth cardstock, too. I ususally pick two different glimmer mists. I spray until it pools then use my brayer to spread across the cardstock. Take the second color, spray another pool of Glimmer Mist and use the brayer a second time. When it dries I come back and do a embossing of a stamped image. Trim the element.
MimaScraps/Lori
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 1153

Post by MimaScraps/Lori »

I am so happy to have this info--just received my first bottle of mist this week--haven't tried it yet--TYVM, everyone (again!!)
Lori aka "Mima"
Cherish Every Moment; Then Scrap Each One!
and
Sweet Spot Designs!!
MarZ
Cherry Tart

Post by MarZ »

Great tip! Thanks!
Margaret

I love to talk about scrapbooking!
1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

Great tips! Thanks.
Bibi
love2stamp
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1032

Post by love2stamp »

Wow, these are great tips. I'm glad this thread was found.
ImageImageImageImage
killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 356

Post by killarney_rose »

Paper Towels and mists have become best friends in my household now. The paper towels will soak mist but not transfer it to paper if you need to block a template. I can't post the layout until Tuesday at midnight but I placed the template down then covered the paper surrounding the template with paper towels. No mist transferred to the cardstock underneath. It's a Halloween layout in my Gallery or you can see it on Nuts About Sketches on Monday. Sometimes Shawn posts sketches on Tuesday depending on her schedule.

Another great use for paper towels and to have a constant spray is to fully plunge the nozzle to build up pressure in subsequent sprays which will deliver a more even delivery. Fully depress nozzle with each spray every time you spray to lesson the chance of a clog and to have better control of mist. If you spend a large amount of time practicing you will find you gain more and more control over the spray.

Twirling works great, too, for mixing glimmer mist. If you turn it upside down then you get too much glitter in the tube and eventually blocks nozzle.

I've always had great results with an iron, I always put a rag over the back of the layout. LOL....don't want to have to clean the iron! Or I just remold the paper gently and that works pretty good.

For me I like splotches!

Pooling is a great technique. If you want to drip the spray down you just pick your paper up. Or as in another post I wrote you can use a brayer to mix the mist.

Here's the link to my technique album for misting:

http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/use ... techniques

If you want to know how to do a particular technique then PM me.
stephc
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 7

Post by stephc »

Glad I found this thread great tips thanks!

Return to “Scrapbooking Tips”