Cauliflower "mac & cheese"

[Public]

Moderator: Midge

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3695

Cauliflower "mac & cheese"

Post by blbabe1234 »

Before DH got hit with diabetes almost 2 years ago, his fave side dish was mac & cheese. I mean...hello! Pasta and cheese, you can't go wrong right? He'd eat a few times a week  -- not that I made it that often, but he loved those Stouffer's mac & cheese frozen dishes as well as having it as his "side" when we would go out to eat.

Ingredients:
1 large head (or 16 ouces of fresh florets) of cauliflower, chopped into macaroni size florets.
1 cup heavy whipping cream
4 ounces of cream cheese
2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, grated
italian seasoning
salt/pepper
parsley

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a 2-qt casserole dish.
2. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook cauliflower until tender (5 mins or so) ***
***To save time, I buy the frozen cauliflower florets and microwave that for 5-6 mins (whatever it says on the bag) ***
3. Drain well. Pour into casserole dish.
4. In a large saucepot, over medium heat, add the HWC, cream cheese and stir w/ a whisk until combnied. Add 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning, salt/pepper to taste, and stir.
5. Remove from heat and add 1 1/2 cups of cheddar and parm cheeses stirring constantly. ***
***You don't have to use sharp cheddar. Whatever cheeses you'd normally use for a cheese sauce would work here. Gouda & Colby could be used. ***
6. Pour cheese mixture over the cauliflower and stir until coated.
7. Top with the 1/2 cup of cheddar, teaspoon of Italian seasoning and parsley.
8. Bake for 30 mins until cheese is nice and bubbly.

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2439

Re: Cauliflower "mac & cheese"

Post by emmapaige »

You for me but DH doesn’t even like regular mac & cheese so I know he wouldn’t eat this either. I mean - seriously - who doesn’t like Mac & cheese???
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

handerful
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 430

Post by handerful »

emmapaige wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:38 am
You for me but DH doesn’t even like regular mac & cheese so I know he wouldn’t eat this either. I mean - seriously - who doesn’t like Mac & cheese???

Is he human???  lol  
Image Image
RACHEL
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3695

Post by blbabe1234 »

emmapaige wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:38 am

Is he from a small rural town in Kentucky? I ask because DH's uncle is from there (can't remember the town off hand). And he doesn't like mac & cheese either. DH's aunt loves it...and so do we. I was just curious, KWIM? Like maybe it was where they were from. IDK
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage

Return to “Share a Recipe”