Prayers Requested *** Update 5/10

Moderator: ACOT Employee

VALERIE 03/22
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 437

Re: Prayers Requested *** Update

Post by VALERIE 03/22 »

HERE'S HOPING THEY GOT EVERYTHING................... AND FOR A SPEEDY RECOVERY............... HUGS AND GOOD VIBES BEING SENT YOUR WAY............................. VALERIE
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1740

Post by beachlover »

Aw, sweetie so sorry you have to deal with thisbut glad to hear its done.  Prayers that the pain subsides  :greeninlove:
My brother is going through the same thing right now, two spots on his face, one is on the side of his nose.
I honestly have to check in with him to see how he is doing!  Thinking of you!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Birgit55~Chickadee
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 130

Post by Birgit55~Chickadee »

So glad to know you came through your surgery and are doing well.  I missed the original request for prayer but will certainly keep you in my prayers for quick healing  Love the picture of you when the valium kicked in.  Nothing can keep a good Cherry down!  
Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5417

Post by Deanna13 »

Thanks for updating, Anne-Marie. Take care of yourself and plenty of rest. Lots of prayers and hugs coming your way.
Image Image ImageImage
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 508

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 9:24 am
Today is my Mohs surgery for the skin cancer on my face. Eeek! I'm asking for the power of Cherry Prayers today - I know you guys are powerful like that :) I'm looking forward to having this overwith but don't actually want to do it LOL! Also, is it bad that I'm a little annoyed that it's interfering with the scrappy time for NSD challenge deadlines??? LOL!!! Seriously, I'm sure this is a bigger deal in my head than it reality or at least I hope so. In any case, I thank you for your prayers, good thoughts, vibes, and love!! 

****Update***

Thank you for the prayers and good thoughts and love everybody! I felt the love. The procedure went well but they had to go in 2x to remove all the cancer. I have been completely bandaged from the top bridge of my nose to my lip. I can't blow my nose and it's killing me LOL! Everything is wearing off now and starting to hurt. I think maybe we will just binge watch something the rest of the night. DH went out to get my antibiotics. Tomorrow I will be able to see what the stitches look like. I have been cleared to go back to work 5/29 but will prob wait til the first homestand in June. I have plenty of copy editing and scrapping I can do at home LOL!

Picture, when the Valium kicked in LOL! This was between the first procedure and the second.

I'm so glad they've gotten all the cancer but I'm sorry you're hurting! I'll be praying for you some more- specifically for some pain relief and quick healing!!
AnniePee
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 115

Post by AnniePee »

Good morning -- just read this and I want to encourage you: My husband had Mohs surgery a few years back to remove a cancer from the tip of his nose. His doctor was very skilled, and praise God, you have to look very carefully to see his scar.  I forget it's even there.  Praying you will heal up just as nicely! This ordeal will make an interesting scrapbook layout!
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3695

Re: Prayers Requested *** Update 5/8

Post by blbabe1234 »

Glad it went well! You take it easy now and listen to your body.

Oh..and I totally understand the whole "do not blow your nose". OMG..several years ago I had surgery to fix my deviated septum. One of the things was do not blow your nose...I actually asked my surgeon.."Yeah..so what if I did?"  He said I'd lose tons of blood and will probably pass out and would be admitted to the hospital. "Oh..okay. Yeah..that sounds no bueno to me. Got it doctor!"
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2439

Post by emmapaige »

Thanks for the update Anne-Marie. Continued healing thoughts coming your way! xoxo
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

traveler
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 750

Post by traveler »

Sorry you don't feel so well, hopefully the discomfort will be gone soon. And hopefully you can scrap again soon, there is still plenty of time left for the NSD challenges. 
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

Kelly R.
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 60

Post by Kelly R. »

Thoughts and prayers going your way.  Hope you have a speedy  recovery.  DH has had this procedure done x 3.  It is not fun.  
:) Kelly 
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 733

Post by sherelm »

Omg, I hate the discomfort of things like this more than the pain! God bless you.
Anyway, looks like challenges for NSD are on hold for me too. I know misery loves company so I'm telling you I'm back in bed - had a reaction from cold meds. It wasn't bad enough I had this crappy head cold but went to the doctor and got new stuff reacted with the " continue on with the OTC stuff" and I was hearing things , seeing thing etc, hallucinating like I was on drugs, but not the legal kind. Geeze. So until this is over I'm to rest. I'm thinking of you!!!
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1041

Post by pawprints »

Thanks for the update Anne- Marie. I hope that the discomfort and pain don't last too long. Thank goodness there is two weeks this year to do the challenges!! I hope you will be up to getting your scrap back on soon!

Image Image Image Image

VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1361

Post by VickiR »

Hang in there Anne-Marie and heal quickly!  Rest while you can.  There's time next week to get to those challenges.  Hugs!
Aztam
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 672

Post by Aztam »

Hope all is well today. And prayers were answered in a positive light.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Tam
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1360

Re: Prayers Requested

Post by scrappinmom99 »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 4:56 pm
I hope by now you are in recovery, Anne-Marie!  I know it will be fine!  My brother's surgery went well last month. :)  I would be mad at the timing, too, if that makes you feel better. 

How's he doing? And actually knowing you'd be mad too DOES make me feel better LOL!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by scrappinmom99 »

stinkerbelle wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 6:07 pm
thank you for the update!  hoping you're not in too much pain (and i'm with you about blowing your nose lol would drive me bonkers too) and able to take the rest that you need :)

It was driving me mad not being able to blow my nose. I blow it so many times a day. Turns out this plastic surgeon told me I have a deviated septum and this is the first I've ever heard of that! Must be why I'm always blowing my nose. But that was the first thing I Did when the bandages came off!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3695

Re: Prayers Requested *** Update 5/10

Post by blbabe1234 »

Glad to read your update. I know it seems like slow progress...but it gets better...just hang in there. :)
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by scrappinmom99 »

Laura wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 6:36 pm
Thank you for updating us!  You look FABULOUS!  I hope you heal fast!  Just sit back for the rest of the night.  Sending tons of thoughts your way, hoping you are not too uncomfortable!

Thanks! but I looked considerably LESS fabulous the next two days. I look like I got in the ring with Mike Tyson omg LOL. Today the swelling has finally started to go down. (and that was also the first time I ever took Valium LOL!!!)
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by scrappinmom99 »

emmapaige wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 7:03 pm
Thanks for the update, Anne-Marie. I think you are wise to wait until June before going back to work.

I just got the email about the next homestand scheduling and I was *considering* (read...DH is considering...) going back the weekend of June 1 and 2...but then saw that it's the Darryl Strawberry retirement weekend so...........uh............no thank you!!! I think I'll wait til mid-June then!!! Eek, it will be a madhouse!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Prayers Requested

Post by scrappinmom99 »

VickiR wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 8:41 pm
scrappinmom99 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 10:41 am
Thanks everyone! In the Uber now. I was trying to upload from my phone to ACOT and can't figure it out. At least it's something fun to focus on lol

Oh my, Anne-Marie.  Take care and feel better.  My DH had the exact same thing in the exact same spot back in 2012.  The Dr. actually had to do a skin flap.  So many hugs for you!  Make sure you take something for the pain and get lots of rest and fluids in you. 
How's he doing? What does it look like now? I think she did a skin flap too. I thought there would be "a few" stitches but it starts at the top of my nose (right where my glasses's nosepad goes - ack!) and comes down into my cheek smile wrinkle (what do we call this? LOL). DH thought ahead and made a big homemade chicken soup and I just had the last of it for lunch. So fluids, plus no chewing!

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Return to “General Talk”