*Answer* Let me tell you about my week

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 319

*Answer* Let me tell you about my week

Post by Flasher »

THANKS SO MUCH FOR LETTING ME WHINE ABOUT MY WEEK!  I'M SENDING BIG HUGS OUT TO ANYONE ELSE THAT IS HAVING ONE OF THOSE WEEKS THAT MAKES YOU WANT TO PULL YOUR HAIR OUT!!!  WE'LL GET THROUGH IT!  IN THE END . . . WHAT CHOICE TO WE HAVE!?!?!?!?

THE APPLIANCE THE GAVE OUT WAS . . . THE STOVE!   SPRINKLES GOING TO THOSE CORRECT GUESSERS!

I am so glad that I was able to have such a fun, exciting NSD weekend here with my Cherry Pallies!  It seems that the powers that be decided that since I was given the opportunity to have such a fun, relaxing, crafty weekend, I would be awoken the next day by a swift kick in the pants to remind me that "life" is still out there.

On Monday, we woke up to some large patches of the front yard that were flooded and had standing water.  We've had a lot of rain, so our initial theory was that the ground was just saturated.  But then, we noticed the sump pump was running . . . a lot.  But, our water meter was running as usual -- nothing weird going on there.  So, we got the City to come out and they informed us there was a leak in the water line somewhere between the street and the house.  Of COURSE, that's where the leak would be -- the section that's our responsibility to pay for.  So we had to hire a plumber/excavator to come fix the problem.  Not knowing exactly where the leak was, they just started digging.  They found the leak, but they ended up digging a trench nearly 50 feet long!  Fast forward a couple of hours, the leak is fixed, we've spent a couple thousand bucks, and my yard looks like crap!  They only include putting the dirt back and leveling the dirt in their services.  I get it.  That's fine.  But, we've got to get that ugly dirt pad corrected ASAP.  (Although, the Robins LOVE it!  LOL!)

That fun was followed up with a notice from the bank that we're overdrawn.  In my frazzled state to get things done, I just wrote the check to the plumber and went on with my day.  Not realizing until I got my email the next day that umm . . . you have to transfer money if you want to write checks like that!  So, I got that resolved, but not without some panic setting in! 

My son and I had lots of medical appointments set up for May.  But, one by one, they all started calling saying we had to reschedule because the doc's calendars had changed.  So, we had to take what we could get.  I kid you not . . . one day last week, I had to drive 40 miles to the other side of Cleveland for a morning appointment.  Then I had to drive the 40 miles home, pick up my son for his appointment and drive 40 miles THE OTHER DIRECTION!  After his appointment, I drove back home, dropped him off, and got back in the car to go BACK TO CLEVELAND for my other appointment!  I'm still feeling like I don't really care if I ever drive a car again!  But, those appointments are all done, and things are fine.

Then on Friday one of our kitchen appliances decided it had enough of this life and checked out.  The kicker?  We just replaced this appliance in 2020!

For some sprinkles . . . guess which appliance we had to replace!  I'll let this run until 9:00 PM EDT!

Oh, and thanks for letting me ramble!

Last edited by Flasher on Fri May 17, 2024 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

QueenBee89
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1681

Re: Let me tell you about my week (for sprinkles!)

Post by QueenBee89 »

fridge??? 

Sorry it's been a rough week! I'm still not caught up from NSD fun, either! Boys are keeping me super busy & off course my older son developed a rash last week so we were back at the pediatrician again for that (it's fine, just some random virus leaving his system from a cold-like bug they had in late April... go figure!) 
~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image Image
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2439

Post by emmapaige »

Oh no, Laura, so sorry to hear about everything happening in your life. 

I will guess dishwasher.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Sandi0805
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2310

Post by Sandi0805 »

Sorry that you had such a hectic week.  It must have seemed like what will the next day bring.  I love how you roll with the punches and make the most of any situation.    I am going to say your dryer is the appliance that will need replaced.  Seems like that is the one that always went out on me first. 
 Image ImageImage
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1361

Post by VickiR »

Oh wow! Hugs to you. We should be sending you points, momma! Hang in there. i say the fridge!
Kelly R.
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 60

Post by Kelly R. »

Oh my!  I am so sorry for all your troubles.  I hope things get better.

I'm  going to say frig.  That's the first thing  that goes out on me.  I've replaced  4 in the last 25 years.
:) Kelly 
traveler
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 750

Post by traveler »

Weeks like that are the worst, but they happen to everyone. 

I'm guessing the dishwasher broke.
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 319

Post by Flasher »

trainmom wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 11:14 am
Weeks like that are the worst, but they happen to everyone. 

I'm guessing the dishwasher broke.

They do happen to everyone, that's for sure. 
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 508

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

Oh gosh, Laura!!!!! 😲 What voodoo did you make mad??!!! 😆 I've got a water curse in my family - so I've had to deal with water before! Boo!

Of course, I'll assume your fridge is no longer in working order. (Mine with an ice maker went kaput before!)
hsblair
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 596

Post by hsblair »

So sorry to hear about your rough week —yikes! I’m going to guess you have hard water and needed the water heater replaced.

Wait—you said kitchen appliance. Can I change my guess to dishwasher for the same reason.
Image Image Image Image
mizz_kitty21
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 91

Post by mizz_kitty21 »

Ooofff! That’s no fun, hope you get it all sorted out. 

My guess is your dishwasher, going with the water-theme… 
Add some sparkle to your life :)

- Henriette
CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1781

Post by CarrieG »

i am going to guess your stove!

girl I am so sorry you had all of that mess to deal with!  HUGS pally!
ScrapyCandy
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 73

Post by ScrapyCandy »

Oh Laura! I am sooooo sorry! I was dealing with a medical bill early today. But what you just went through, well, you need a vacation! In any case, I, too, have had to pay for the same broken thing under the ground. And the flooding was in a living area in the house which somehow lead the pros to the broken pipe. So, they had to put in new dry wall in the bathroom, new bathroom flooring, new carpeting elsewhere... oh gosh I so relate to your day!!!

I will guess the worst appliance to ever break down... the refrigerator... we had that happen too... resolved by manufacturer 2 months later... so had no refrig for two months! 

My heart goes out to you!!!
Scrapycandy
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3695

Post by blbabe1234 »

Oh my...what a $hit $how of a week. Hope all of tha tis now behind you and you have nice relaxing days ahead for a good while.

My guess is the oven.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 939

Post by suewho372 »

Wowzers!!! What a week and one thing after the other!
I won’t go into what all was happening here but my fridge went out… so I will go with your fridge….
Lots of hugs and prayers Pally that this is a better week!
Susan

Cindy312
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 14

Post by Cindy312 »

Oh my gosh. That sounds awful. I'm so sorry you've had so many challenges. I'm going to guess your fridge died, because we've had to replace ours twice in ten years and all the other appliances are 20+ years old and going strong. 
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1740

Post by beachlover »

Aw, so sorry for the mess!
Your refrigerator went?  They tend to die overnight and leAVE a  huge mess!!!

I need a new dishwasher, my son gave us a used one, and it was worse than what we had!
The dishes are cleaner when I hand wash but thanks to devil's spawn Chloe, my hands 
and wrists ae cut up.  This morning I turned in the kitchen to find her under my feet,
grabbed the stove handle but still went down on my butt and something took a chunk of
skin out of one of my fingers!

You'd think it was Friday the 13th!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2028

Post by MTCanuk »

Going to say fridge.  

SORRY YOU’ve had a rough week!  Why does everything seem to hit at once??  Hoping this week is looking up!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

JAire
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 949

Post by JAire »

Oh, my, what a week, and all the driving, too!
I'm guessing the one appliance that I would dread the most = Coffee Maker
Joyce Ann
ImageImageImageImageImage

wendycrowe
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1088

Post by wendycrowe »

oh boy - what a week!  I would have to say at this point that the dishwasher decided to check out.  

Return to “General Talk”