Challenges and Contest Rules

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Kristin
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1452

Challenges and Contest Rules

Post by Kristin »

All contests or challenges sponsored in part and in full by A Cherry on Top, A subsidiary of Stickers Galore Inc are void where prohibited; There is no purchase necessary to participate in our sponsored contests or challenges. By participating in a contest or challenge you automatically agree to these terms.
paulaj
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 84

Re: Contest Rules

Post by paulaj »

since the site changed I can't find the current challenges and contests. Can you point me in the right direction?
heidi
Site Admin
Gallery: 502

Post by heidi »

paulaj wrote:since the site changed I can't find the current challenges and contests. Can you point me in the right direction?

Hi there! You can view current contests and challenges by visiting our Scrapbook Ideas area or by clicking on the following link:

http://www.acherryontop.com/articles/cat/81

You can also always find fantastic challenges right here on the Message Board by visiting the Contests & Challenges forum:

viewforum.php?f=25

Hope this helps!
paulaj
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by paulaj »

heidi wrote:
paulaj wrote:since the site changed I can't find the current challenges and contests. Can you point me in the right direction?

Hi there! You can view current contests and challenges by visiting our Scrapbook Ideas area or by clicking on the following link:

You can also always find fantastic challenges right here on the Message Board by visiting the Contests & Challenges forum:

viewforum.php?f=25

Hope this helps!

I always had done the challenges from the Message board but you used to be able to access them a different way. Now when I go to challenges I get ones from 2009 and 2007 etc. I don't know how to get to the current month.
suslvgeo
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 517

Post by suslvgeo »

paulaj wrote:
heidi wrote:

viewforum.php?f=25

Hope this helps!

I always had done the challenges from the Message board but you used to be able to access them a different way. Now when I go to challenges I get ones from 2009 and 2007 etc. I don't know how to get to the current month.
The challenges are done a little differently since there is not a Design Team here at ACOT anymore. Awesome board members stepped up and are hosting them individually. This month another awesome board member put together this main thread. Hope that helps :)
SUS ImageImageImage
paulaj
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by paulaj »

viewforum.php?f=25

Hope this helps![/quote]

I always had done the challenges from the Message board but you used to be able to access them a different way. Now when I go to challenges I get ones from 2009 and 2007 etc. I don't know how to get to the current month.[/quote]The challenges are done a little differently since there is not a Design Team here at ACOT anymore. Awesome board members stepped up and are hosting them individually. This month another awesome board member put together this main thread. Hope that helps :)[/quote]

that thread is exactly what I was looking for. obviously I can get it now through your link but I'm hoping I will be able to find it again in the future.
jengd
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 19

Post by jengd »

Can we enter multiple challenges with the same project- for instance a theme challenge and a sketch challenge with the same layout? Thanks!
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1041

Post by pawprints »

paulaj wrote:You can also always find fantastic challenges right here on the Message Board by visiting the Contests & Challenges forum:

viewforum.php?f=25

Hope this helps!

I always had done the challenges from the Message board but you used to be able to access them a different way. Now when I go to challenges I get ones from 2009 and 2007 etc. I don't know how to get to the current month.[/quote]The challenges are done a little differently since there is not a Design Team here at ACOT anymore. Awesome board members stepped up and are hosting them individually. This month another awesome board member put together this main thread. Hope that helps :)[/quote]

that thread is exactly what I was looking for. obviously I can get it now through your link but I'm hoping I will be able to find it again in the future.[/quote]

You can bookmark it. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Bookmark Topic!

Image Image Image Image

anitawill1
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 285

Post by anitawill1 »

Are u not doing the "contest" any more? It always made to strive to do more and better.
Debbi Tehrani
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 956

Re: Challenges and Contest Rules

Post by Debbi Tehrani »

I run a challenge blog called CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration (ACOT sponsored us last year). May I post an invitation to my challenge on your board?.
Jan G.
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 86

Post by Jan G. »

On the monthly challenges, I noticed that there are Cherries who signed up.  Do you have to sign up for each challenge by a certain date or do the challenge and enter it and let the host know you participated?   
Jan G.
aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1774

Post by aheatfan »

janannemd wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:05 pm
On the monthly challenges, I noticed that there are Cherries who signed up.  Do you have to sign up for each challenge by a certain date or do the challenge and enter it and let the host know you participated?   

I am a challenge hostess and as far as I know, you just do the challenge, then post your page on that challenge thread :)
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Post by Art_Teacher »

janannemd wrote:

As Kristin said, you just do the challenge and post your layout.  I don’t know where you see that people have “signed up?”  There are a couple challenges where the hostess has you answer a pre-question or do something first before they post the challenge, though.
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1361

Post by VickiR »

janannemd wrote:
I think the lists of names that you are referring to are those Cherries that have already entered the challenge by posting their project in the challenge thread or gallery album that it pertains to.  Some of the hostesses make a list of names in the original challenge post of those who have entered their challenge.  This helps keep track of entries for choosing the winners.
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1041

Post by pawprints »

janannemd wrote:

All you have to do to enter a challenge is do a project and post it in the challenge thread. You do not need to sign up or notify the hostess. Just be sure to read the rules of the challenge as each hostess has her own individual rules. Be careful as that some hostesses require that you post your project to a special spot in the gallery that she has set up.

The list you are seeing is not a sign up list. As Vicki said it is just a list of the Cherries that have posted to the challenge. I do this on both of my challenges. It helps me keep track of all those that participate in my challenge and the order that they posted their submissions. If you see a list in the opening post you will find you name added to it sometime after you post your challenge but before a winner is picked.

Image Image Image Image

The Scrap Attack
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 124

Post by The Scrap Attack »

If I were interested in hosting a monthly scrapbook challenge here, are there any rules and conditions I would have to meet? Do I need to be a part of a design team (or an equivalent position?) If so, I am interested in learning more!
Image Image Image
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Post by Art_Teacher »

Heidi Moniz wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:14 pm
If I were interested in hosting a monthly scrapbook challenge here, are there any rules and conditions I would have to meet? Do I need to be a part of a design team (or an equivalent position?) If so, I am interested in learning more!

Basically, you can just post your challenge. :)  The master list of challenges is posted by Barb/pawprints every month, and we send her the link to our challenges.  Most are due at the end of the month, but it is your challenge, so you can run it however you like. We try not to do challenges that are similar to other already established challenges, but that is it. 
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1361

Post by VickiR »

Heidi Moniz wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:14 pm
Also, any prize offered is up to the challenge hostess.  ACOT is not responsible for challenge prizes except for something sponsored by them.

Return to “Contests & Challenges”