How to add an image to a post--UPDATED

A place for new members to introduce themselves and ask questions about the Message Board, the Gallery and getting around ACOT.

Moderator: ACOT Employee

joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2436

Re: How to add an image to a post--UPDATED

Post by joannie »

1scrapdiva wrote:STILL HAVING TROUBLE GETTING MY IMAGE ON !!
Grrrrr.....Image
Are you trying to load your avatar or just an image?
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage
AmyStamper
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 9

Post by AmyStamper »

Sorry about this, but I am new here and don't understand. I have started a gallery here. Does that mean I can copy/paste from my gallery? I have tried to post a photo in one of the contest threads from Google photos but there is only a link in the preview. Will the actual photo appear in the actual post? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries

Post by joannie »

AmyStamper wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:26 pm
Sorry about this, but I am new here and don't understand. I have started a gallery here. Does that mean I can copy/paste from my gallery? I have tried to post a photo in one of the contest threads from Google photos but there is only a link in the preview. Will the actual photo appear in the actual post? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
YES Use the images that you have uploaded in the ACOT gallery. and then copy image. And to paste in a challenge you need to click the little photo icon in the tool bar. The tool bar is the "B I U S...". 
I hope this  helps.
& WELCOME to ACOT!!!
- joannie

AmyStamper
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 9

Post by AmyStamper »

So I'm guessing I can only do this from a computer? When I press the photo button in the tool bar it asks me for a link. Then when I post, a clickable link appears, not my photo. I am working from an Android phone. Thanks!
joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries

Post by joannie »

I think there are ladies here who use their phones. Sorry I don't. Wish I could answer your question.
- joannie

gymnasticsprincess
Cherry Tart

Post by gymnasticsprincess »

Ok I stilll don’t understand. I have not a clue what flikr photo bucket etc is. A comment did say that you can upload to the gallery, but I’m not really sure I want a pic of my craft room in the gallery......it’s not really gallery worthy.
Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 319

Post by Flasher »

gymnasticsprincess wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 6:32 pm
Ok I stilll don’t understand. I have not a clue what flikr photo bucket etc is. A comment did say that you can upload to the gallery, but I’m not really sure I want a pic of my craft room in the gallery......it’s not really gallery worthy.

You can load it to the gallery, but mark it private -- that way it won't show up in the gallery, but it's still loaded there with a URL for you to use elsewhere on the board.
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Post by Art_Teacher »

gymnasticsprincess wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 6:32 pm

You can check the box and mark it Private when you post in the gallery. Then, only you can see it in the gallery, but you can copy and paste it onto the message board! ;)
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Jaditelady173
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 48

Post by Jaditelady173 »

amynymom wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:42 pm
I think that is what I am doing and it still isn't working. I'll keep trying.

I am working from my tablet and for some reason it doesn't let me post in the forum on the chat section.  I have to go to gallery and upload from there,
VALERIE 03/22
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 437

Post by VALERIE 03/22 »

CAN WE JUST UPLOAD FROM OUR OWN COMPUTER IF WE HAVE DOWNLOADED TO THE PIC THERE??? IF SO HOW DO WE DO THAT??? I'M NOT COMPUTER SAVVY SO THE WAY YOU SAY TO DO IT IS ALL FOREIGN TO ME... SORRY...

VALERIE
Cynthia Corbett
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 283

Post by Cynthia Corbett »

I have noticed that some images that are posted on the message board are larger than others. Is this a setting? Mine seem to be particularly small.
mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2212

Post by mgehrke »

Cynthiacorbett wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:26 pm
I have noticed that some images that are posted on the message board are larger than others. Is this a setting? Mine seem to be particularly small.

It's not a setting for me. It just depends on where you copy your image from. If you open your gallary and simply right click on the small images and click copy image then it will be small. If you click on the small image to open it, it will open large. Then right click, copy image. This will then make the image the larger size when you paste it in a post. I hope this works for you, as this is how I've been doing it.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2439

Post by emmapaige »

mgehrke wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:05 am
Cynthiacorbett wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:26 pm

It's not a setting for me. It just depends on where you copy your image from. If you open your gallary and simply right click on the small images and click copy image then it will be small. If you click on the small image to open it, it will open large. Then right click, copy image. This will then make the image the larger size when you paste it in a post. I hope this works for you, as this is how I've been doing it. 

I do the same thing.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Cynthia Corbett
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 283

Post by Cynthia Corbett »

Thank you so much. I must have missed a step.
ksimoner
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 31

Post by ksimoner »

lissahope26
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 1702

Post by lissahope26 »

Bumping this for new Cherries.
Melissa H.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

johnniesgirl12
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 1

Post by johnniesgirl12 »

I am not a rock but trying to upload a picture for a contest on here is absolutely insane. I am not sure but I believe flying to the moon is easier than uploading pictures here at ACOT.  #notafanofdoingpicshere  #absolutelyinsane
joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries

Post by joannie »

johnniesgirl12 wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:01 pm
I am not a rock but trying to upload a picture for a contest on here is absolutely insane. I am not sure but I believe flying to the moon is easier than uploading pictures here at ACOT.  #notafanofdoingpicshere  #absolutelyinsane

Sorry for all the confusion. Here is a more updated link that should help you. Phttps://www.acherryontop.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p5188853
- joannie

heather e k.
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 2

Post by heather e k. »

There isnt a way to do this from an iphone? i have my pics in my album not another website. I just want to be able to find the challenge, insert my photo and be done. 
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Post by Art_Teacher »

HeatherK wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 6:39 pm
There isnt a way to do this from an iphone? i have my pics in my album not another website. I just want to be able to find the challenge, insert my photo and be done. 

I don't think there is, but I could be wrong.  Try copying/pasting from your My Photos and see if it works.  This information was written when people were hosting their photos on other websites like Photobucket, etc.  However, you generally have to enter your layouts in our gallery to post them. ;)  It's how they can tell it is a "new layout."
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image

Return to “Cherry Blossoms”