Guest Designer--How does it work?

A place for new members to introduce themselves and ask questions about the Message Board, the Gallery and getting around ACOT.

Moderator: ACOT Employee

DrSonja
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 92

Guest Designer--How does it work?

Post by DrSonja »

I have noticed a category in Contests and Challenges called "Guest Designer". It appears to be something one enters by posting to the gallery and clicking the box. Is that how it works?

Is it a monthly challenge? Where are the winners listed? Where does one find the winning entries?

Image  Image 
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Re: Guest Designer--How does it work?

Post by Art_Teacher »

You “enter” by selecting the box when you post your layouts.  ACOT chooses their guest designers on a monthly basis, but they don’t have one every month.  They will message you if you are chosen with the requirements. ;). We haven’t had one in several months, though.
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
DrSonja
Cherry Berry

Post by DrSonja »

Does the guest designer make a project after they are selected?
Where are the guest designer projects located?

So, one winner a month, but not every month? Which months is this an active contest?
Or, is it more like "We weren't impressed with any entries this month, so, no prize."

Is ACOT looking for something in particular for this contest?
It's a great prize, so I'd love to enter, but just not sure how to make a viable entry. Or is it a shotgun approach: enter everything and see if you get lucky?

I'm puzzled.
Image  Image 
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

DrSonja wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:11 pm
Does the guest designer make a project after they are selected?
Where are the guest designer projects located?

So, one winner a month, but not every month? Which months is this an active contest?
Or, is it more like "We weren't impressed with any entries this month, so, no prize."

Is ACOT looking for something in particular for this contest?
It's a great prize, so I'd love to enter, but just not sure how to make a viable entry. Or is it a shotgun approach: enter everything and see if you get lucky?

I'm puzzled.
I think they select on all of your entries…you can enter every layout you post, if you like.  Not sure how they select them, but I have been guest designer, before.  They do a post on the blog with the guest designer’s biography and layouts they have created for it. They select someone and then you have to make several layouts using their current products (prize is a gift card to order current products to use. You also have the ability to post some challenges as guest designer and ACOT provides the prizes.  You can go back to the blog and see the blog posts.

Laura
DrSonja
Cherry Berry

Post by DrSonja »

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience, Laura. I scoured the blog more thoroughly.
I presume the Design Team is different from Guest Designer.

On the blog I see a new Design Team member, Channin Pelletier, and it looks like Guest Designer Emily Moore was announced on 10/01/22. Interestingly, she states she is an employee of ACOT.

Previous to that a Guest Designer on 06/08/22, Andrea Piccolo; Jody Compton 02/26/22; Jennie McGarvey 01/05/22.
Image  Image 
Birgit55~Chickadee
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 130

Post by Birgit55~Chickadee »

I'm so glad you posted these questions as I'm fairly new here and have been wondering about the Guest Designer challenge too.  I've entered all my gallery projects in.  I would love the opportunity to be a guest designer, but don't know what they're looking for.  I just keep entering and keep hoping.   ;)  I hope to see you as guest designer soon, Dr. Sonja
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

DrSonja wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:32 pm
Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience, Laura. I scoured the blog more thoroughly.
I presume the Design Team is different from Guest Designer.

On the blog I see a new Design Team member, Channin Pelletier, and it looks like Guest Designer Emily Moore was announced on 10/01/22. Interestingly, she states she is an employee of ACOT.

Previous to that a Guest Designer on 06/08/22, Andrea Piccolo; Jody Compton 02/26/22; Jennie McGarvey 01/05/22.
You're welcome! Yes, the Design Team is a continuous group that does the blog projects and videos for ACOT.  Guest Designer is a one-month spot.  I don't exactly know what they look for, but mostly a person to showcase their new products, and they used to select people who were active on the message board, but that doesn't seem to be the case, lately. We used to have one just about every month until they put together the Design Team, so I guess they don't need one as often, now.

Laura
Rachel Kent
ACOT Employee
Gallery: 1172

Post by Rachel Kent »

Hey all! Great questions!

The guest designer is more of an open call, not a contest/challenge. 
Here is all the info: https://www.acherryontop.com/articles/A ... Call-16632

We are looking for clear and bright photos of your project. (Doesn't have to be a layout, can be anything!) We love to see different angles, creative photos with the products used, process photos, etc. 

Our last guest designer was Emily in October https://www.acherryontop.com/articles/O ... gner-18833
She does happen to work here at acot, but that is not a requirement! :)

We sometimes skip months if we don't have many submissions or if the blog is pretty packed already. We would love to see more submissions so we can pick a January guest designer! :) :)
Virginia Greco scrapbooking
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 27

Post by Virginia Greco scrapbooking »

How do you inform the selected guest designers?
Follow me on Instagram @virginiagreco_scrapbooking
Rachel Kent
ACOT Employee
Gallery: 1172

Post by Rachel Kent »

VirginiaGreco_Scrap wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:06 am

We will send an email! :)
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2439

Post by emmapaige »

VirginiaGreco_Scrap wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:06 am

Your work is stunning! ❤️
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Cherry Tart

emmapaige wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:32 am
Your work is stunning! ❤️ 

Wow! Thank you very much Emma! :) :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove:
Cherry Tart

Rachel_K wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:25 am
We will send an email! :) 

Thanks for replying! :)

Return to “Cherry Blossoms”