toNoodle Meet and Greet ~

xops
Cherry Tart

Re: toNoodle Meet and Greet ~

Post by xops »

MamaK321 wrote: ooo i like the pause feature :winkb:

So what types of tuts do you have? Is there a variety of levels for beginners and also those more familiar with the program?
What's nice about our tuts is that you don't have to view them in any particular order. 

If you are a beginner, then look through the topics that talk about more basic topics.  For instance, the "Start to finish scrapbook page" which has the first few lessons free, will show you exactly how to do your own page.

So for SarahA, yes you can learn to digiscrap by watching the tuts without having to use templates.
xops
Cherry Tart

Post by xops »

For those who already know basic topics, they can skip the beginner tuts and look for more advanced topics.  We also like to get questions from our viewers where many of our tutorial topics come from.
Sus79
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1714

Post by Sus79 »

toNoodle wrote:
Susanne_79 wrote: Hi

I just wanted to say that I love your tutorials. They are so cool, easy to understand both in speach and in what to do. So thank you :-D
That's what I like to hear!
Give praise where you feel it´s appopriate, and it is here ;)
ImageImageImageImageImage

toNoodle
Cherry Tart

Post by toNoodle »

One Question we get alot of is : "You have a lot of content for PSE6 but I use CS2 or CS3 and you have just started putting content for that program up. Can you inform me when you have more content for me?"

The one thing that alot of people overlook is that everything that is taught is PSE6 is applicable in CS* versions of the software. You can use everything that is taught in PSE5, or 6 in more ways than you would think in CS.

With that being said we are about to upload all new CS content over the next couple of weeks.
toNoodle
Cherry Tart

Post by toNoodle »

Since we are here to discuss photoshop.

What makes you ponder most about photoshop?

What would you like to learn?

Anything at all!

I promise I will answer!

Aaaannnnd        go!
ScrapGoo
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 561

Post by ScrapGoo »

Do you guys have an opinion on what YOU consider the best version of Photoshop to be?
-Tracy-
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 439

Post by -Tracy- »

Ok. I've got one.

I made my own brush. How can I save it so that it is it's own brush set?  Right now it's with my default brushes.  I'd like it to be by itself or in a category of MY BRUSHES so all the ones I make can be in one place. Does that make sense?

PSE 6.0 for Mac
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.
ScrapGoo
Cherry Jubilee

Post by ScrapGoo »

Do you think it is better to use short cuts like actions or learn how to do things 100% from scratch?
scrapbelle
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 51

Post by scrapbelle »

Hi Cameron!  I am a long time paper scrapper, but looking to get into digi scrapping.
Image Image
toNoodle
Cherry Tart

Post by toNoodle »

ScrapGoo wrote: Do you guys have an opinion on what YOU consider the best version of Photoshop to be?
Well the best version is the version that fills your needs and fits your budget. If all you need to do is pasteup and layout, PSE is more power than you will ever need.

If you are looking to do advanced photo compositing, CS3 is the way to go!

With that said, CS3 is my favorite program and I use it every day.
xops
Cherry Tart

Post by xops »

scrapbelle wrote: Hi Cameron!  I am a long time paper scrapper, but looking to get into digi scrapping.
Hi Scrapbelle,

This is Paul.  As many on this board will tell you, digi scrapping is just as fun but with very many advantages over paper scrapping once you learn how to use the program.

Everyone that I've talked to that has made the switch finds that it is so much faster, easier in so many ways, and cleaner (no messy table), easier to share.  That doesn't mean you have to give up paper scrapping.  That's where hybrid scrapping comes in. :-D
toNoodle
Cherry Tart

Post by toNoodle »

ICanHasCherryOnTop wrote: Ok. I've got one.

I made my own brush. How can I save it so that it is it's own brush set?  Right now it's with my default brushes.  I'd like it to be by itself or in a category of MY BRUSHES so all the ones I make can be in one place. Does that make sense?

PSE 6.0 for Mac
Great question!! Here is what you do. Pull down your brushes and look for the two arrow icon in the upper right of the brushes pallette and click it.

A new flyout will appear it should look something like this"

Then select the preset manager. Once the preset manager window opens select the brushes that you want in your set by holding down the control key and clicking them once. After you have selected them all click "Save Set". Select your save location and your done.

Simple as that.
-Tracy-
Wild Cherry

Post by -Tracy- »

You're the BOMB!!!  THANKS!! :-D
toNoodle
Cherry Tart

Post by toNoodle »

ScrapGoo wrote:Do you think it is better to use short cuts like actions or learn how to do things 100% from scratch?
Actually I think it is better to do it from scratch. And here is the reason why. Each photo or image has it's own exposure balance. If you run an action on it and it looks great on the screen thats fine. However, unless you are the one who created the action you don't know what "damage" it is doing to your photograph as it pertains to printing.

I have seen actions that change the dpi of your image to match a certain effect that it uses. Unless you pay close attention to it you can't be sure that it is not damaging your shot.

With that said I think actions have their place and there are times to use them. I just prefer to do it sparingly.
Sus79
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1714

Post by Sus79 »

Awesome :-D  I thought that you could only save one brush at a time, so that was a great hint....it also works in PSE5, right?
ImageImageImageImageImage

MamaK321
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1010

Post by MamaK321 »

Tracy, I told ya that in my class. :P   You have to reset your brushes to dump them from the selection box and then load just the ones you want to save to a particular brush set.

I recently upgraded from PSE3 to PSE6 and there are a few functions that I miss. they are trivial and nothing I can't do without, LOL like the undo arrows and easily nudging items. I finally figured out only yesterday, how to nudge an item in PSE6. 
Image Image
ScrapGoo
Cherry Jubilee

Post by ScrapGoo »

Great answers... this certainly makes me want to go play with my photos more!
-Tracy-
Wild Cherry

Post by -Tracy- »

Tracy, I told ya that in my class. :P   You have to reset your brushes
to dump them from the selection box and then load just the ones you
want to save to a particular brush set.

Really?  Guess I missed that. And I looked twice too because I wanted to know!! Image
MamaK321
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1010

Post by MamaK321 »

that is some awesome info on actions, thank you!
Image Image
xops
Cherry Tart

Post by xops »

We are always interested in your opinions. Have a look at our topics page and tell us what you would like to learn more about.

More beginner tuts?
More advanced tuts?

Return to “Summer Crop 2008”