Ornament Exchange 2018 signups (CLOSED)

Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 592

Ornament Exchange 2018 signups (CLOSED)

Post by Shutterbug »

There is how this will work. I am taking most of the rules from previous years but there is one change. IF you sign up. Sign up on this thread and then  Send me a PM your  Name and Address. This will be  Secret Ornament Exchange until you received your ornament.

UPDATE *****************Names and Addresses have been sent out to those who are participating.********************

1. Sign ups are now open(please sign up on this thread) and will close  Wednesday , October 24h,, 2018 at Midnight. That gives you 2 weeks to sign up.

2. After sign ups are closed I will put all the names in a hat and will draw from there. I will then send you the Name and address of the girl you will send too. 

3. When you sign up please be sure to list your screen name and full name

4. When you sign up please also include how you decorate your home, mantel and/or Christmas tree. For example if you like snowmen and thats all you like make sure you state it. Or if your tree is all purple with no other color make sure you state that. If your tree or home is hodge podge then state that too. This way it will be easier for your girl to shop for you and will get you what you like and will use. If you have any questions please let me know. 

5. It is entirely up to you to either make or buy the ornament(s). Just remember to make sure it is something you will be proud to send your girl. Make sure it is something that you wouldn't might getting yourself. As for the cost, there is no maximum. There are some very beautiful ornaments that don't break the bank! Some girls like to send more than one ornament, again that is up to you. 

6. All of you girls that are out of the United States can also sign up.  You are welcome to participate as well.. 

7. All ornaments should be received by December 15th, so that you can have them to enjoy  holidays. For those of you sending out of the US, please send out earlier. 

8. Please, please sign up if you are truly interested in doing this! So please if you cannot send out or change your mind, please let me know ASAP, so that I can make other arrangements. I know that sometimes things come up with no fault of our own. All I ask is that you let me know!! 

9. I will be keeping track of those ornaments received so please make sure you let me know when you get it. And if possible please post a photo.  When you post it DO NOT post  on the Message board who sent it to you so we all can have it be a surprise. I will post a reveal after Christmas.   You can put who it is from when you mail  the ornament for your gal.

10. Have fun!  If you have questions please PM me.

Those Participating are...

1. Flasher Laura
2. blbabe1234 / Brandy
3. Monroe1218 / Rebecca
4. Shutterbug / Kimber
5.Sherelm / Sharon
6.Karensay / Karen
7.MoochieMama / Michelle
8.Linda S. / Linda
9.1scrapdiva / Robin
10. ScrapBug / Melissa

Last edited by Shutterbug on Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:48 am, edited 7 times in total.
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.
Shutterbug
Cherry Addict

Re: Ornament Exchange 2018 Sign ups

Post by Shutterbug »

Shutterbug wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:49 pm
There is how this will work. I am taking most of the rules from previous years but there is one change. IF you sign up. Sign up on this thread and then  Send me a PM your  Name and Address. This will be  Secret Ornament Exchange until you received your ornament.

1. Sign ups are now open(please sign up on this thread) and will close  Wednesday , October 24h,, 2018 at Midnight. That gives you 2 weeks to sign up.

2. After sign ups are closed I will put all the names in a hat and will draw from there. I will then send you the Name and address of the girl you will send too. 

3. When you sign up please be sure to list your screen name and full name

4. When you sign up please also include how you decorate your home, mantel and/or Christmas tree. For example if you like snowmen and thats all you like make sure you state it. Or if your tree is all purple with no other color make sure you state that. If your tree or home is hodge podge then state that too. This way it will be easier for your girl to shop for you and will get you what you like and will use. If you have any questions please let me know. 

5. It is entirely up to you to either make or buy the ornament(s). Just remember to make sure it is something you will be proud to send your girl. Make sure it is something that you wouldn't might getting yourself. As for the cost, there is no maximum. There are some very beautiful ornaments that don't break the bank! Some girls like to send more than one ornament, again that is up to you. 

6. All of you girls that are out of the United States can also sign up.  You are welcome to participate as well.. 

7. All ornaments should be received by December 15th, so that you can have them to enjoy  holidays. For those of you sending out of the US, please send out earlier. 

8. Please, please sign up if you are truly interested in doing this! So please if you cannot send out or change your mind, please let me know ASAP, so that I can make other arrangements. I know that sometimes things come up with no fault of our own. All I ask is that you let me know!! 

9. I will be keeping track of those ornaments received so please make sure you let me know when you get it. And if possible please post a photo.  When you post it DO NOT post  on the Message board who sent it to you so we all can have it be a surprise. I will post a reveal after Christmas.   You can put who it is from when you mail  the ornament for your gal.

10. Have fun!  If you have questions please PM me.

Last edited by Shutterbug on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kimber
Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 319

Re: Ornament Exchange 2018

Post by Flasher »

I'll play!  Flasher - Laura Sparks

I have several trees, with several themes, so there is no way to go wrong here.  I will specify this one particular thing:  I HATE snowmen.  Hate them.  Snowmen.  Definitely hate them.  Hate.   As I heard someone on TV say once before . . . "When Frosty The Snowman is on, I root for the sun!"  :greenlol:

Now that we got that out of the way my house is decorated in every way except contemporary, with all colors.  Traditional, country, retro, etc.  Stockings, mistletoe, wreaths, train under the tree, candles, etc.  You name it, it's probably on display in my house.  I have a Pink tree, a Rudolph tree, a traditional tree (a little of everything -- colored balls, bears, penguins, Star Trek, pictures, Super Mario, etc.), a Bird tree, a Misfit tree (I buy broken or damaged ornaments and give them a home and a name.  One example is the toy soldier that was missing a leg.  I brought him home and named him Lt. Dan.)  ;)  A new tree I'm working on this year is for my kitchen -- so far I've just collected wooden spoons and old metal cookie cutters.  My favorite Christmas character/icon is Rudolph.  Stay away from the Snowmen, and Flasher will be happy as a clam. 
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3695

Post by blbabe1234 »

Yay! Thank you Kimber for hosting.

My name is Brandy Williams/blbabe1234

My tree/style is more of a hodge podge. But I do love anything doggie AND kitty related. My fave colors are purple and teal. I am a coffee lover AND wine lover. I love anything Texas
Last edited by blbabe1234 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
Monroe1218
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 86

Post by Monroe1218 »

Thanks Kimber for hosting!

I'm in!! 
Rebecca Monroe/Monroe1218

Our Christmas tree is mainly decorated in burgundy/gold - but there is an assortment of other ornaments on them.  We always buy an ornament when we go on vacation - so there are plenty of other colors (a purple/gold/green fleur de lis from New Orleans, a wedgewood blue/white ornament from Ellis Island in NYC)  I collect Jim Shore ornaments for my tree, but that is not a necessity at all.  I love just about anything Christmas related.... not a fan of character ornaments.
Last edited by Monroe1218 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rebecca

karensay
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 240

Post by karensay »

Karensay/Karen

I would like to join in this year.

I like shiny ornaments, ones that reflect the Christmas tree lights.  I like Greens, Hunter, Sage, Lime to name a few and Reds Cranberry, Burgundy, Cherry to name a few.  And White.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper
MoochieMama
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 59

Post by MoochieMama »

I would love to do this as I've never been in this exchange before.

Moochiemama/Michelle

I love Shabby Chic so my tree is done in either pink or very light blue. I am not into the character ornaments (like Mickey, Rudolph, etc.) or the trains, cars, etc. I would say I am girly in that sense. 
Michelle

Linda L
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 101

Post by Linda L »

Linda S/ Linda Schmidt

Count me in. I am an outdoorsy/woodsy person.  Birds, owls, pinecones, animals, birdhouses, etc. I also love Jim Shore ornaments. I love all colors. I do love snowmen!!  

I don't like character ornaments. 
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 733

Post by sherelm »

I'd like to be in the ornament exchange again! Thanks

We alternate between two decorating themes. One is a tree with birds and birdhouses. The second one (which will be up this year) is our Disney ornaments tree. I admit a few superheros and Harry Potter ornaments have also invaded this tree, but it makes us all love it more.
Last edited by sherelm on Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
1scrapdiva (Robin)
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 479

Post by 1scrapdiva (Robin) »

I love anything woodsy outdoorsy!!!!
any thing up north 
anything lake
I have an all white tree

Scrap Bug
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 240

Re: Ornament Exchange 2018 signups

Post by Scrap Bug »

I'm in.  

I think I'm pretty easy to please as there's nothing I really dislike.  This year we are changing things up a bit, but not sure how.  We will be gone the week or two prior to Christmas, so not sure if we'll have 2 trees or not.  Probably will.  Usually we have 2 trees - one with teal/red/gold colors, and the other is eclectic.  I might go with a white theme the one theme tree, but not positive yet.

I like a variety of things and love to get funny, silly, quirky type of ornaments - the kind I never buy for myself.
Melissa
Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 319

Post by Flasher »

Bump!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Shutterbug
Cherry Addict

Post by Shutterbug »

BTT
Kimber
Shutterbug
Cherry Addict

Post by Shutterbug »

We have some of everything on our tree. I do collect nativites  and nativity ornaments, Schnauzer ornament, We have some of everything. 
Kimber
Shutterbug
Cherry Addict

Post by Shutterbug »

Bump
Kimber

Return to “Christmas Ornament Exchange”