Mail issues

The place to chat and mingle with Scrapbook Celebrities!

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Yankeegirl
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1533

Mail issues

Post by Yankeegirl »

So frustrated with the mail system.  Placed an order here which was shipped out on 12/4.  Sat for 3 days in Saginaw, and finally reached the distribution center in Detroit MI where it sat for 6 days.  Then on 12/23  it shipped to District Heights MD, which is 3.5 hrs south of me.  Sat there for 6 days.  Today it left there and is supposedly 'on its way to final destination'.   We will see....This box has 3 of those crafty wine glasses, which were supposed to be a gift for friends.  I am worried that they won't survive this shipping fiasco.
I ordered again mid Dec. and already received that box over the weekend. 

Our mail system is a mess. 
I am running away from my responsibilities,
and it feels good!

Kathy

Image  Image  Image Image  Image      
scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1487

Re: Mail issues

Post by scrapy1967 »

Same here. Mine shipped on the same day as yours. I finally got it the day before Christmas and it was the wrong order. First time ever my order was wrong and of course it was sold out. I also had a order ship right after this one and it arrived in three days. Not sure what is going on. My wine glass was wrapped in a separate box and made it safely. 
ImageImage 

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2439

Post by emmapaige »

I feel your pain.  I didn't even bother sending Christmas cards this year. I hope your wine glasses arrive undamaged.  I have one and it's really cute!!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1781

Post by CarrieG »

im finally seeing things roll in....it seems like that part of the US is the hold up for some reason.......
i got my last order yesterday after it took a trip thru billings montana etc.......

anything ive had come from anywhere else in the country has gone normal or pretty fast
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1041

Post by pawprints »

So the reason for all this is that the Postal System is being impacted severely by COVID. I put a trace on two packages that I mailed out on December 11th that have not moved since December 15th. Still say In Transit. I have no idea where they even are. I got responses that the packages are taking very long to process through some of the facilities due to COVID. Some facilities are taking up to 3 weeks to process packages. Also some packages are being sent from highly impacted facilities to others less impacted and it is taking longer. It is a mess and I was really frustrated and aggravated because they are Christmas gifts that I purposely mailed out early so they would get there in time, but now I understand why.

Image Image Image Image

Rachel Kent
ACOT Employee
Gallery: 1172

Post by Rachel Kent »

😭 😭

Yes it's been such a frustrating experience for everybody! USPS has recently provided a statement that they are currently "experiencing unprecedented volume and limited employee availability due to the impacts of COVID-19". Have you seen some of the images circling the news and social media? Packages are stacked to the ceiling yikes!

Wish we had our own delivery trucks... big red trucks with a cherry on them! One can dream :)
Yankeegirl
Cherry Cola

Post by Yankeegirl »

Well, guess we will all just wait until they arrive from wherever they've been.  Hope they are not damaged!  The stories they could tell......

Hopefully in the new year, the postal service will get the help they need to return to the reliability we have all come to know!
and it feels good!

Kathy

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1041

Post by pawprints »

Rachel_K wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:12 pm
😭 😭

Yes it's been such a frustrating experience for everybody! USPS has recently provided a statement that they are currently "experiencing unprecedented volume and limited employee availability due to the impacts of COVID-19". Have you seen some of the images circling the news and social media? Packages are stacked to the ceiling yikes!

Wish we had our own delivery trucks... big red trucks with a cherry on them! One can dream :)

Oh that would be so cool! I can imagine just waiting for the Cherry Truck to arrive!!!

Image Image Image Image

karen c.
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1144

Post by karen c. »

Lots of issues here in Florida as well. It is frustrating when you see that your package is stuck at a post office for days and no way to know when it will leave there and get to you. Hope USPS gets better in 2021.
ImageImageImage          ImageImage
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3695

Post by blbabe1234 »

Rachel_K wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:12 pm
😭 😭

YES! I would LOVE that! My furbabies go nuts when they see the UPS or FEDEX truck, especially Miss Penny. I'm sure she'd get excited about a Cherry truck too!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
lissahope26
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 1702

Post by lissahope26 »

I just checked and a shirt I ordered as a Christmas present on Nov 20th finally has an arrival date of Jan. 4th. 
Melissa H.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5417

Post by Deanna13 »

Yes, I had trouble with my last order which was supposed to ship the beginning of the month. They never updated tracking and took many weeks to finally get here.
Image Image ImageImage
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2439

Post by emmapaige »

Thank goodness my sleeping aid pills arrived today on time.  I can't wait to go to bed and get a good night's sleep!!zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

JAire
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 949

Post by JAire »

I'm fearing for my wine glass too! Glad to hear those who did receive a glass found them intact. I got my last 2 orders quite well, but, an order placed just before those last two is still in limbo. It left Saginaw Dec 6 and arrived at Detroit Distribution Center an hour and 15 minutes later. 4 days later, Dec 10th, it left and nothing since. And of course that is the one with my wine glass. 
I feel for the frustration USPS must be going through, but I can't help but worry that they will loose it completely!
Yes, Rachel, keep dreaming of the big red Cherry line of trucks! It would be so sweet!
Joyce Ann
ImageImageImageImageImage

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 319

Post by Flasher »

It's bad EVERYWHERE!  My prescription was shipped from CVS/Target on December 7.  My Target is less than ten minutes away.  My package went to Columbus first, and since December 21 has been sitting in PA.   Just sitting.  Thankfully, I'm not out of meds, but . . . what the frack?
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 444

Post by DN in MN »

Yikes... I have been fortunate so far that my stuff is arriving within a reasonable time frame.  I finally have a postal carrier worthy of recognition.  I hope she stays on this route!  
2024 Layout goal ~ 6/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 358

Post by sdwhru »

So not a scrappy package but the BarkBox for the month - sent out on December 10th and am still waiting - it's in transit somewhere.  I think January's may arrive before the December one does!  
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3695

Post by blbabe1234 »

sdwhru wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:13 pm
So not a scrappy package but the BarkBox for the month - sent out on December 10th and am still waiting - it's in transit somewhere.  I think January's may arrive before the December one does!  

The girls Kong Box is delayed too. Shipped the 20th and I was hoping they'd get it by Christmas but it's still sitting at the Distribution center.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
traveler
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 750

Post by traveler »

The mail is terrible also. It usually comes after dark and not most days. Packages are often in limbo for a month before they show up. However, my sister sent me a large box from California 2 days ago and paid for 2 day shipping, and it showed up very early this morning. I guess she has the magic touch. 
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

Yankeegirl
Cherry Cola

Post by Yankeegirl »

Well, don't give up, gals!  My box with the wine glasses (and other things, of course!) arrived today!   Shipped 12/4. Not the typical shipping time for ACOT packages, but they arrived!     Thank you, ACOT, for packing each of the three wine glasses in bubble wrap and inside a sturdy cardboard box!!!  All three, despite being bounced from dark corner to dark corner in at least three post offices, arrived PERFECT!  My scrappy pals will love them!  As do I!   Happy New Year to all, and wishing for a better year to come.

and it feels good!

Kathy

Return to “The Cherry Loft”