MIA for Crop But Back in Action Now!! Update!

Moderator: ACOT Employee

DolphinSoul
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 506

MIA for Crop But Back in Action Now!! Update!

Post by DolphinSoul »

Just wanted to touch base and say how much I missed out on the fun of the crop and getting my Scrap on! April 30th we had to rush up to Indiana for a family emergency. My Pa (grandfather) health was failing, so we rushed up in a moments notice. Thank God that his blood work came back that his kidneys were not failing and didn't need to be rushed into the hospital. He is still very weak but nothing would stop that man.. he went fishing, helped work on a car, and was everywhere he could be to not miss out on anything! Truly living Every Moment of his Life!!! We were able to stay with him and visit with family for a week and returned this previous weekend on a very long road trip.

Family bickering and just non-stop stress completely brought me down both emotionally and physically and I just couldn't handle it. Went to the chiropractor and he did some acupuncture to help me calm down and Bill took me to Sea World to be around my favorite things, plus made me get my face painted as a Pirate Bunny b/c of a bet I lost playing a Putt-Putt Game! The story behind the choice is that he lost a bet a year ago and I made him a Bunny to look like Gru from Despicable Me after the Carnival! So b/c I Lost the Game at a Pirates Cove Putt-Putt.. he got me good by making me a Pirate Bunny!!!! Love his creativity! There was no way I could not smile and laugh at this and make me forget all the stress I had just got through!

Thought you would all appreciate this and get a kick out of it! So yesterday marked 5 Years from when we committed our love to each other! So hard to believe how time has flown by!!! He has all of next week off, so we are gonna go celebrate..just have idea what we are doing yet!! lol!

SO Needless to say..... I have not even had a moment to think about scrapping but definitely saving all the inspiration and gonna get cracking by the end of the month!!! Looks like it was a GREAT Crop! I told myself I would have our Cruise Album done from 1 year of the date.......well this weekend marks 1 year ago we were on it...... and I'm not even close to half way done! Gonna get my butt in gear!!!!!!
~ Carissa ~

ernstem
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 20

Re: MIA for Crop But Back in Action Now!! Update!

Post by ernstem »

Family can be stressful! But sounds like you are back on track. Hope things are on the "Up swing" now! :)
debamas
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 228

Post by debamas »

Carissa, so glad to hear your Pa is doing well and loving life! Your face painting story is a hoot. Think you'll scrap it? Congrats on your anniversary, sounds like he's an awesome guy with how he was helping you chill out and have some fun!
Debbie

scrappininAK
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1886

Post by scrappininAK »

glad to hear your PA is doing better and that you're feeling better too - love the pirate bunny
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up
mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2212

Post by mgehrke »

Great photo and nice to hear that your Pa is doing great. Try not to let the family stress get to you. I know it is easier said then done. But it will be healthier for you in the long run.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3695

Post by blbabe1234 »

Love the pic and glad your grandfather is doing okay. ((HUGS))
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
DolphinSoul
Wild Cherry

Post by DolphinSoul »

debamas wrote:Carissa, so glad to hear your Pa is doing well and loving life! Your face painting story is a hoot. Think you'll scrap it? Congrats on your anniversary, sounds like he's an awesome guy with how he was helping you chill out and have some fun!

Oh yeah that one is definitely gonna get scraped sometime! Everyone was asking me why I wasn't embarrassed and why would I post it on FB.. and its like this is funny... I'm thinking about blowing it up and hanging on my wall so I always no to just laugh at things! Remember how fun life can be!

Thank you all for your sweet words. I'm doing better, ups and downs right now. Bill is my rock and we just went to Busch Gardens last week and had the time of our life! I hope you are all doing great!
~ Carissa ~

joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2436

Post by joannie »

So happy to see you back & I love the bunny face!! Where in Indiana were you at? Wish we all could've met up while you were here!
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage
1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

What a wonderful story! Also the one about your PA. Families can be stressful. Glad you are back.
Bibi
DolphinSoul
Wild Cherry

Post by DolphinSoul »

joannie wrote:So happy to see you back & I love the bunny face!! Where in Indiana were you at? Wish we all could've met up while you were here!

We were right in the heart of Indianapolis. Believe me I would have loved to get together. This was a rush trip not planned. Bill and I are hoping to go back up in November, so I'm hoping to plan a meet up!!! :)
~ Carissa ~

joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2436

Post by joannie »

DolphinSoul wrote:
joannie wrote:So happy to see you back & I love the bunny face!! Where in Indiana were you at? Wish we all could've met up while you were here!

We were right in the heart of Indianapolis. Believe me I would have loved to get together. This was a rush trip not planned. Bill and I are hoping to go back up in November, so I'm hoping to plan a meet up!!! :)

There's quite a few of us cherries here in central Indiana!! That would be awesome!! Let us know when and we will start planning!! :winkb:
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

Return to “NSD Crop 2013”