*WINNER* Chocolate Attack Event Challenge

Moderators: Rachel Kent, ACOT Employee

debraruffing
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 508

*WINNER* Chocolate Attack Event Challenge

Post by debraruffing »

THANK YOU ALL FOR DOING THIS CHALLENGE!  YOUR LAYOUTS ARE ALL SO BEAUTIFUL AND YOU ALL DID A GREAT JOB!
ISABELLA IS THRILLED THOSE OF YOU WHO MADE THE COOKIES LIKED THEM!  SHE IS SO GLAD Y'ALL LIKED THEM!

THE RANDOM WINNER IS -- JCSMAESTRA!!!!!  CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!  PLEASE CHECK YOUR PM.

Welcome to a special two-part event!  This is a Chocolate Attack recipe challenge!  The event is from Friday morning May 6, 2022, until Monday, May 16, 2022, at 11:59 PM EDT.  You may participate in one part or both for a prize!

The first part of this challenge-I am providing the recipe here from my granddaughter, Isabella.  Her favorite dessert is Patriotic Chocolate Bar Cookies!  You may make them anytime during the week.  After you make the Patriotic Chocolate Bar Cookies, take a photo, and post it here.  Sprinkles will be awarded for photos of your finished bar cookies.  

The second part of this challenge-create a layout that includes something BROWN.  You may use any papers, embellishments, and of course your photos OR a recipe with or without a photo.  My sample is below.  I wish I could send all y’all each a Patriotic Chocolate Bar Cookie right now through the internet!  I am allowing one week from the start of this challenge to give you enough time to work on one or both parts.  

There is no combining for NSD or MB challenges except for the 25 Item Challenge and the 2022 Lovin’ It Challenge.  

Post a photo of your finished layout by Monday, May 16, 2022, at 11:59 PM EDT.  The winner will be awarded the prize Tuesday, May 17, 2022.

The winner of this challenge will receive “I HEART TRAVEL PAPER PACK + TOTE generously sponsored by DOODLEBUG!”

If you have done both I will sprinkle you with chocolate covered cherries and love, which is the secret ingredient in the Patriotic Chocolate Bar Cookies!

Yummy recipe!

This is Isabella and her favorite Patriotic Chocolate Bar Cookies!

Last edited by debraruffing on Tue May 17, 2022 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Debra R. 
Nana of 5, Mama of 2, Disney Addict

ImageImage  ImageImageImage
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1361

Re: Chocolate Attack Event Challenge

Post by VickiR »

Fun challenge!  Good excuse to bake sweets. 
aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1774

Post by aheatfan »

Love your layout.  Great challenge  😊
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 2131

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

Those sound yummy!!! Can't wait to make them!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
Amy Jo
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 754

Post by Amy Jo »

Fun challenge! Looking forward to the bars and the scrapbook layout!
ImageImageImage

DivingIn2020
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 76

Post by DivingIn2020 »

I love to bake and I can't wait to make these. But I also get to scrap about it also. So much fun. Thank you for this challenge! 
Elysandrra
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 92

Post by Elysandrra »

That recipe looks easy enough for even me! I am NOT a baker. Unless it is a cassarole. :) I love that it was specially created to send to the troops in Saudi Arabia!
Craftyshannon
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 444

Post by Craftyshannon »

Fun challenge!  Or oven is broken,  but I might be able to do a half batch in the toaster oven! 
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

What a sweet LO AND recipe! I don't bake much, but I'll be trying to do a LO!
Mommyof5
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 169

Post by Mommyof5 »

mmmm those look yummylicious!
 Have a Wonderful Day!  ~Misty
 Image  Image   Image

SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 499

Post by SandyJay »

What a FABULOUS idea for a challenge!!  My family will be happy too!  What fun!  
Here is my layout:  
Last edited by SandyJay on Mon May 09, 2022 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1360

Post by scrappinmom99 »

Great challenge and fabulous recipe!!! Do you know, we still make the lemon bars from a few years ago (last year? 2 years?). They are so yummy! DH wants to make these now!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2439

Post by emmapaige »

Sounds good but I don't bake sweets since my DH is diabetic and I'm always watching my calories. 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by aheatfan »

Thanks for this challenge - I have brown cardstock background and brown in the photos. My son graduated in 2014 so thanks for the push to get these done. I am sooo behind!!

🌴Kristin  

debraruffing
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by debraruffing »

Elysandrra wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 9:02 am
That recipe looks easy enough for even me! I am NOT a baker. Unless it is a cassarole. :) I love that it was specially created to send to the troops in Saudi Arabia!
Me too!  My granddaughter and I found this in a magazine a long time ago obviously...and we make them about once a month.  Quicker than chocolate chip cookies and taste better too!

Debra R. 

debraruffing
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by debraruffing »

aheatfan wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 10:48 am
Thanks for this challenge - I have brown cardstock background and brown in the photos. My son graduated in 2014 so thanks for the push to get these done. I am sooo behind!!

My grandson Jackson is at FSU and is in freshman year and now playing Graduate Level.  He plays at Carnegie Hall this summer and he is playing in NC at somewhere in Greenville...that is a paid position.  He has another paid position at Carnegie Mellon and one at Trinity High School here this summer too.  I don't understand the schedule...haha!  He is extremely talented and also a soft shoe tap dancer...  Love your photos!  Does he play all percussion?  All five of my grand-teens play percussion.
Debra R. 

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by aheatfan »

druffing wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 10:55 am
aheatfan wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 10:48 am

My grandson Jackson is at FSU and is in freshman year and now playing Graduate Level.  He plays at Carnegie Hall this summer and he is playing in NC at somewhere in Greenville...that is a paid position.  He has another paid position at Carnegie Mellon and one at Trinity High School here this summer too.  I don't understand the schedule...haha!  He is extremely talented and also a soft shoe tap dancer...  Love your photos!  Does he play all percussion?  All five of my grand-teens play percussion. 
That is awesome, congrats to your grandson and all your grand teens.  He did play a lot of percussion in high school but now he just drums - it is very loud when he is here.  He was in three bands but is now in fire college and has NO time for anything else. I was a band mom for 4 years...always hot and exhausted, lol. 

🌴Kristin  

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 733

Post by sherelm »

Didn't she do that with lemon bars one time??  I made them from SOMEONE, and boy she looks familiar!!  And the lemon bars were excellent!
shoorn
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 2842

Post by shoorn »

The recipe sounds wonderful though I don't do any baking these days - have to watch the sugar intake. Okay to do just the layout?
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image
JAire
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 949

Post by JAire »

Interesting! Unfortunately, I don't eat flour, or any grain. My DD makes awesome cookies and cakes with almond flour.
But, I will still make a layout for the second part of your challenge.
Last edited by JAire on Wed May 25, 2022 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joyce Ann

Return to “NSD Online Crop 2022”