**WINNER!***Diptych Dare

Moderators: Rachel Kent, ACOT Employee

amysolovay
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 33

Re: Diptych Dare

Post by amysolovay »

I loved this challenge, and I also really enjoyed seeing everyone's entries for this! Symmetry is so inspiring and interesting to me.

I drew inspiration from photo #8. Is it a kiwi fruit? I think so, but I'm not totally sure about that. Anyway, I looked at it and wanted to emulate it by making a paper rosette with a flower photo in the center. Here's how it turned out:

It doesn't fit inside my pocket page, so I taped it to the outside of the page, haha.

Thank you so much for the challenge! I really appreciate having both the inspiration and the camaraderie.
Want to be InstaFriends? I invite you to follow me on Instagram; I'm @amysolovay. I'd love to follow you, too; please feel free to mention your Insta-ID to me, especially if your account is private, so I can be sure of finding you there.

I also invite you to check out my craft blog at KnittingCrochetCrafts.com if you'd like to see the paper craft and crochet projects I've been making lately. Thanks for your interest!
GinniG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 470

Post by GinniG »

I hope this one counts.  :)  It's kind of a combination of picture 3 and picture 6.  I took this picture in front of our house in Florida and 2011.  I used inks to mimic the colors in the sky on the sunburst.

mrozwood
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 347

Post by mrozwood »

I ended up with the cactus'.

~Melanie

It's ok, I scrapbook.
ScrappyDistractions
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 842

Post by ScrappyDistractions »

MacSarah wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 4:25 pm
All I see is Fibonacci's Golden Rule!

HA!  Exactly!!  Oh, the memories of high school math
Lisa - Scrappy Distractions

ImageImageImage

SandyK1967
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 709

Post by SandyK1967 »

Here's mine. I love pineapples so I knew I would be doing that one. The large pineapples are stamped, then diecut out then watercolored with Tim Holtz watercolor pencils.

👋 ~~Sandy~~ 👋 Image
~HAPPY NATIONAL SCRAPBOOK DAY 2024!~
lmcgill
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 118

Post by lmcgill »

Image   I was inspired by the sunflower and the succulent
SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 499

Post by SandyJay »

amysolovay wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 3:40 am
I loved this challenge, and I also really enjoyed seeing everyone's entries for this! Symmetry is so inspiring and interesting to me.

I drew inspiration from photo #8. Is it a kiwi fruit? I think so, but I'm not totally sure about that. Anyway, I looked at it and wanted to emulate it by making a paper rosette with a flower photo in the center. Here's how it turned out:

It doesn't fit inside my pocket page, so I taped it to the outside of the page, haha.

Thank you so much for the challenge! I really appreciate having both the inspiration and the camaraderie.
Perfect Amy!  I did that with one of my items too, taped it to the outside, LOL. I am glad you enjoyed the challenge and the camaraderie!  Stick around, there is always action here! 

SandyJay
Cherry Bomb

Post by SandyJay »

GinniG wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 1:18 am
I hope this one counts.  :)  It's kind of a combination of picture 3 and picture 6.  I took this picture in front of our house in Florida and 2011.  I used inks to mimic the colors in the sky on the sunburst.

Of course this counts, Ginni!  Love the design and the colors!  Thanks for playing along!  

SandyJay
Cherry Bomb

Post by SandyJay »

mrozwood wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 12:14 pm
I ended up with the cactus'.

Oh very cool!  Love your interpretation, and the look on your dogs face - so darn cute!  Thanks for playing along!  

SandyJay
Cherry Bomb

Post by SandyJay »

SandyK1967 wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 1:43 am
Here's mine. I love pineapples so I knew I would be doing that one. The large pineapples are stamped, then diecut out then watercolored with Tim Holtz watercolor pencils.

ImageI
I love pineapples too!  Love your stamp, awesome colors too!  Thanks for playing along!  

SandyJay
Cherry Bomb

Post by SandyJay »

lmcgill wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 10:07 pm
Image   I was inspired by the sunflower and the succulent
I see it! Lovely card, lovely colors!  I hope you enjoyed the challenge, thanks for playing along! 

lmcgill
Cherry Bing

Post by lmcgill »

I really did enjoy this challenge!
SandyJay
Cherry Bomb

Post by SandyJay »

lmcgill wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 7:01 pm
I really did enjoy this challenge!

I am so glad you did!  I think I will be using some of these things for when I have scrappers-block!
amysolovay
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 33

Post by amysolovay »

Mommytron wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 5:45 pm
amysolovay wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 3:40 am

Perfect Amy!  I did that with one of my items too, taped it to the outside, LOL. I am glad you enjoyed the challenge and the camaraderie!  Stick around, there is always action here! 

Sandy, thank you so much for the invitation to stick around. I most definitely will!
Want to be InstaFriends? I invite you to follow me on Instagram; I'm @amysolovay. I'd love to follow you, too; please feel free to mention your Insta-ID to me, especially if your account is private, so I can be sure of finding you there.

I also invite you to check out my craft blog at KnittingCrochetCrafts.com if you'd like to see the paper craft and crochet projects I've been making lately. Thanks for your interest!
SandyJay
Cherry Bomb

Post by SandyJay »

Thanks for playing along!  Winner by random drawing will be announced Tuesday!  
Cards4Ever
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 216

Re: **WINNER!***Diptych Dare

Post by Cards4Ever »

Congrats LMCGILL
Mandi My Blog
lmcgill
Cherry Bing

Post by lmcgill »

Thank you! I really had fun with this challenge and can see doing this again! Thanks for hosting it.
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 939

Post by suewho372 »

Those were really cool to look at I wasn’t really sure how to go about this one!
Susan

Return to “National Scrapbook Day 2023”