Moderators: Rachel Kent, ACOT Employee

QueenBee89
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1681

Re: The Home Stretch!

Post by QueenBee89 »

wazzu94 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 12:12 pm
So many challenges so little time.  LOL  Every year I want to so many!  Ok Ok I started to list the ones I still want to do...see below.  I didn't realize it was so long.  But seriously want to say How clever are these names for the challenges??  The hostess just did an amazing job with creative titles and challenges!!

Oh and I just have a few more on the 25 challenge!

Hoping to get to 
  • Take a Selfie 
  • Die Cut layout
  • P-R-O-M layout
  • Beatles Song - there is a Beatles song I discover "Julia" my daughters name I gotta do it!
  • Altered Box
  • Mixed Mfg
  • Cinco de Mayo
  • Let's taco-bout
  • Anyway you cut it cut file
  • All right Mr. Demille
  • Hats off to everyday heros
  • Hot pockets layout
  • Use your words
  • Sketch layout
  • Meet me for a nightcap
  • Old favorites
  • Scraplift NSD
  • 6X6 paper layout
  • Cartoon character inspiration
  • let's get doilie up

we'll have the rewind challenge coming up soon! so even if you don't manage your whole list by Friday, you can keep on creating! I agree though, I was at the point where I had to go back to the list to see what I wanted to work on today & I was having a hard time narrowing it down bc realistically I won't finish everything I'd like to at this point (doesn't mean I'm not gonna try, lol!) 

~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image Image
wazzu94
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 349

Post by wazzu94 »

QueenBee89 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 1:50 pm
wazzu94 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 12:12 pm
So many challenges so little time.  LOL  Every year I want to so many!  Ok Ok I started to list the ones I still want to do...see below.  I didn't realize it was so long.  But seriously want to say How clever are these names for the challenges??  The hostess just did an amazing job with creative titles and challenges!!

Oh and I just have a few more on the 25 challenge!

Hoping to get to 
  • Take a Selfie 
  • Die Cut layout
  • P-R-O-M layout
  • Beatles Song - there is a Beatles song I discover "Julia" my daughters name I gotta do it!
  • Altered Box
  • Mixed Mfg
  • Cinco de Mayo
  • Let's taco-bout
  • Anyway you cut it cut file
  • All right Mr. Demille
  • Hats off to everyday heros
  • Hot pockets layout
  • Use your words
  • Sketch layout
  • Meet me for a nightcap
  • Old favorites
  • Scraplift NSD
  • 6X6 paper layout
  • Cartoon character inspiration
  • let's get doilie up

we'll have the rewind challenge coming up soon! so even if you don't manage your whole list by Friday, you can keep on creating! I agree though, I was at the point where I had to go back to the list to see what I wanted to work on today & I was having a hard time narrowing it down bc realistically I won't finish everything I'd like to at this point (doesn't mean I'm not gonna try, lol!) 

I Love it!  Oh good I'm glad we have the rewind challenge!!  I'm gonna try to get done what I can, I have the ideas, photos, just need time.  Working full time and then all the surprise that come up during any week for all of us.  But I kinda like the pressure...to get it in.  I think the challenges are helpful for me to get inspiration, but I've also find that completing the challenges feels good and keeps me motivated!

Good luck to all of us!  LOL

Suzann
 ImageImageImage            
njr007
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 245

Post by njr007 »

I have done so much better than I thought I would. 

My goal was 15 completed projects/challenges-one project a day and I will meet that today.  I have 3 projects waiting to be finished and ideas for at least 3 more.  I LOVE this time of year!

Thanks to all the hostesses for giving me that little push I needed

Norma
ImageImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 470

Post by GinniG »

I’ve done 10 NSD challenges plus a couple more to fit the 25 items that wouldn’t work for something else. I have 5 more on the 25 items list and I MIGHT be able to squeeze them all on one layout. I have 3 more challenges I REALLY want to do.

Unfortunately my husband is sick again and I’m probably going to have to take him to the clinic today or tomorrow… so we’ll see how much I can actually do…

I agree about the types of challenges and the clever titles! It’s been the best NSD I’ve ever had in the 23 years I’ve been scrapping!!
hsblair
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 596

Post by hsblair »

It's just been a crazy busy time -- I hoped to really jump in after returning from my trip last week, but with the jet lag and Mother's Day, and now family coming in for my son's graduation, etc., I have managed to do a whopping 2 layouts.  I hope to get 3 more done before Friday and call it a wrap.  Trying to use 5 prompts on the 25 item challenge for each layout to check that off, but we shall see. 
Image Image Image Image
lisn2cats
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 449

Post by lisn2cats »

I just counted and I can't believe how many challenges I've completed so far (24-25)! I have 6 on my really-want-to-do list and 4 if-I-can list. These challenges have been a HUGE help in busting my stash. I've been trying hard to stick to either scraps or almost-done pads and kits. This has been the best couple of weeks!!
Image  ImageImageImage
Mandajo
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 9

Post by Mandajo »

I'm finally done with graduation week and the last visiting family members flew out this weekend, so I am ready to reward myself with a few days of scrapping to unwind. I was able to finish a few challenges over NSD weekend, but I'm ready to pull out my list and get to work on all the other ones I have left.
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Post by Art_Teacher »

I hope to do a couple more challenges, but my seniors' last day of school is tomorrow, and I have to get stuff graded and finish their exams.  I wish we had until Saturday night, but I'm still thankful to have had the extra week!
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Karyn_Sue
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 715

Post by Karyn_Sue »

I've completed 15 - 2 of which are 2 pagers - and 2 more cards!  Plus, I did the 2 base pages in Joannie's fast scrap. I had an IRL crop NSD weekend so that certainly helped me!!

I have 3 more cards to do, 1 layout that needs journaling, I that needs a title and 1 more I *fingers crossed* hope to get to.
“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford

Retiree3
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 5437

Post by Retiree3 »

I've been doing a couple a day and I am almost finished with the 25 items.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

MerryScraps67
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 257

Post by MerryScraps67 »

I got 2 more done today.  I think that makes 25 & will probably be all I get done.  Who knows, I might be able to squeeze one more in but I doubt it.
This has been so much fun!!!
Aztam
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 672

Post by Aztam »

I had this idea of a layout for the anyway you cut it, but I don’t think it actually follows the directions given. So I will be working on a second attempt before Friday!!

Tam
mrozwood
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 347

Post by mrozwood »

I'm also trying to finish the 25 items challenge. There's a couple others I'm hoping to get done too. 🤞
~Melanie

It's ok, I scrapbook.
Sharmon P
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 48

Post by Sharmon P »

I have completed 9 and hope to complete 3 more but honestly don't know if that will happen. I have had a great time and the hostesses were great to new cherries! Thanks for the inspiration.
Sharmon

Follow me on Instagram for more scrappy fun @tpgirl_scraps
QueenBee89
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1681

Post by QueenBee89 »

Sharmon P wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 11:32 am
I have completed 9 and hope to complete 3 more but honestly don't know if that will happen. I have had a great time and the hostesses were great to new cherries! Thanks for the inspiration.
Yay! Glad you enjoyed it! There's lots of fun inspiration to be had here for sure!

~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image Image
lilkoala3
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 749

Post by lilkoala3 »

I'm done with everything I wanted to complete for NSD. I think I did 17 challenges? Part of me feels relieved, and the other part misses the excitement of rushing around like a crazy person, trying to get everything done in time for the deadline!
Leslie
njr007
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 245

Post by njr007 »

lilkoala3 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 7:28 pm
I'm done with everything I wanted to complete for NSD. I think I did 17 challenges? Part of me feels relieved, and the other part misses the excitement of rushing around like a crazy person, trying to get everything done in time for the deadline!

I KNOW that feeling! (My daughters will say I AM a crazy person 😜)

Norma
Birgit55~Chickadee
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 130

Post by Birgit55~Chickadee »

I was hoping to complete a few more challenges, but life has totally gotten in the way of my crafting.  I'm home today with nothing on the calendar except for groceries, so hopefully I can get in my craft space and get creative before the deadline tomorrow.  
Amy Jo
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 754

Post by Amy Jo »

I completed 10 but still have at least 3 more I’d like to get done before the deadline tomorrow! I think I’ll get a couple of cards done today…those are always a nice change from the norm for me! Have fun in these last 40 hours of NSD challenges!
ImageImageImage

mizz_kitty21
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 91

Post by mizz_kitty21 »

mizz_kitty21 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 12:05 pm
I’ve done 15 so far, but I have another 4-5 layouts planned, plus the 25 item challenge. I’m almost done, only missing 2 items. I also hope to finish the photo scavenger hunt, but I’m not sure I’ll get to finish. 
Well, I’ve managed to finish a few more challenges, making an even 20 layouts, plus the 25 item challenge. 

I have one more layout planned and ready to assemble tomorrow, but I have another 7 I’d like to do. I doubt I’ll be able to make all 7, since that pesky job get’s in the way of crafty fun ;) 

Add some sparkle to your life :)

- Henriette

Return to “National Scrapbook Day 2024”