Post by GinniG »

VickiR wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 5:09 pm
GinniG wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 4:20 pm
blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 4:16 pm

OUCH! Sorry Yoda bit you!

Glad Steve is coming home tonight!  That's awesome! Hope he starts feeling better. 

Thanks Brandy! Yoda has gotten me before and it was a LOT worse! One of them took a month for the bruises to go away! I’m much better at protecting myself! Lol!  

Our coffee turned into a 2 hour plus chat session.  LOL! 

OH HOW FUN Vicki!!!!  :)
GinniG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 470

Re: Scrap a Day, May 8th

Post by GinniG »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 5:12 pm
Well, it is mid-week, the last full week of school before my seniors leave next Wednesday.  They are driving me crazy (and so are the sophomores who have unwarranted senioritis! lol). I am sitting out on my deck, trying to get some work done. But distracted by this site, of course! ;)  It is 84 degrees today and feels like summer!

Laura, it's almost over!!!  Sorry they're driving you crazy...  Enjoy that weather!  It's only 50 here and it's rainy and the wind is blowing so it feels like it's in the 40s...  We MIGHT get a LITTLE bit of sun on Friday but the high all week is only 56... 
aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1774

Post by aheatfan »

GinniG wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:23 pm
aheatfan wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 4:56 pm
GinniG wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 4:12 pm
Hi Cherries!!! 🍒🍒🍒

It has been quite the morning! I woke up and had to quickly get things ready because we had at least 2 goslings hatch yesterday afternoon!!! I had a container for feed but not something low enough for water. So I took an old bowl that’s not tall and then went up to the coop. Yoda is a hard wired gander brain and he is a LOT more aggressive now. That’s what he’s supposed to do too. Well my stick was not very thick or strong and he got my pinky knuckle. Man they have strong mouths!!! And sharp tiny teeth! He did draw blood but it’s mostly just a scratch. So when I went back a little while ago to check their water and feed I had a 2” thick long wooden stick! It was strong enough that I was able to push him back with it and quickly pour the water in the bowl. Lol! And I finally got to see the babies!!! I saw 2 this morning. Well we have at least 6 and maybe even 8 or 9! The parents were doing a lot of hissing and wing flapping. Mama got them all together I’m a group and then I saw a couple more on the other side! I tried to get a video and pictures but between the adults being crazy and trying to do it through the wire mesh they didn’t come out. :( I’ll get some when we can safely let them out.

The other thing that happened is Steve’s coming home tonight!!! He was originally told he had to stay another night but they came back and said he doesn’t have a blood infection so he’s getting out in time to catch the ferry!!!! We’re all very happy about that! :).

In addition to the chickens and geese duties I’ve done the dishes and vacuumed. Vacuuming is very hard for me as it hurts my back so Steve usually does it. But he has to take things easy for awhile so I did it anyway. I’m glad I did. :)

It’s just after noon here so I need to decide if I need a nap or if I have the energy to scrap. He won’t be here until about 6:30 so I kind of have time for both. Lol!

Thanks so much for all the thoughts and prayers!!!
Congrats on your hatchlings and glad your husband is doing better.  

Thanks so much Kristin!!!  How is your YDS? 

He was only able to get one test due to insurance issue, I swear for what I pay them, it's insane what they make you do.  The one he did get went well and he only needs to be checked every five years, thank God. 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 499

Post by SandyJay »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 5:20 pm
aheatfan wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 11:10 am
Good morning Cherries, just stopping by quickly.  I am off today, taking YDS for a couple medical tests this afternoon. If you are the praying kind, please add him to your prayer list today. This mama is a nervous wreck.  Hopefully will be scrapping tonight after all goes well.  🙏

Didn’t see this until now, but I hope everything went smoothly! 
Oh my!  I hope all turns out well.  What is YDS? 

GinniG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 470

Post by GinniG »

aheatfan wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 9:00 pm
GinniG wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:23 pm
aheatfan wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 4:56 pm
Congrats on your hatchlings and glad your husband is doing better.  

Thanks so much Kristin!!!  How is your YDS?  

He was only able to get one test due to insurance issue, I swear for what I pay them, it's insane what they make you do.  The one he did get went well and he only needs to be checked every five years, thank God.  
Well I'm glad the one test went so well!  The medical industry is literally controlled by the insurance companies these days!  It's really amazing that more people don't die from a lack of care!  Flora is a great example of that!  It's really shameful.  At least now you know he's okay.  That's a great thing!

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2439

Post by emmapaige »

Mommytron wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 9:04 pm
Art_Teacher wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 5:20 pm
aheatfan wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 11:10 am
Good morning Cherries, just stopping by quickly.  I am off today, taking YDS for a couple medical tests this afternoon. If you are the praying kind, please add him to your prayer list today. This mama is a nervous wreck.  Hopefully will be scrapping tonight after all goes well.  🙏

Didn’t see this until now, but I hope everything went smoothly!  
Oh my!  I hope all turns out well.  What is YDS? 

Youngest Darling Son
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1041

Post by pawprints »

VexedAngel wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:02 pm
I hope it's ok to jump in--I'm mostly a cherry hunter but wanted to try to participate a bit more in the message board. This seems like maybe a daily chat thread?

Stormy here, too. My son's band concert was canceled because of the expected weather--that hasn't really materialized. But I'm not complaining, they just rescheduled to next week.

Scrappy-related, I stumbled upon an amazing wood-mounted rubber stamp (been getting back into those) and border punch haul at an estate sale last week. So the past week I've been figuring out storage and tonight it all came together! And I love it!  😍 Now *actual* scrapping has yet to happen........lol

Yes absolutely jump right in! Yes we chat every day here and are glad to have you join in! I was big into rubber stamps way back and still have a collection somewhere in this house. lol. I really should find them and pull them out. Glad you found a great storage solution that works for you!

Image Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3695

Post by blbabe1234 »

GinniG wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:28 pm
blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 4:57 pm
GinniG wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 4:27 pm

Lots happening there but I bet you’re really excited that they’re actually working now! I have to ask what are puzzle toys for dogs?! Sounds like somebody had a clever idea and is making money off of it!

Hope you can finish your layout!!!   

Puzzle toys are more interactive. Plus there's usually food/treats involved. I had bought a cute little giraffe toy for the girls. It has little pockets that you put either dry kibble or training treats in:

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostor ... ge-3869879

I also bought them a snuffle toy (a duck). This too has little pockets, and also fabric that is bunched up with "little pockets". Makes the dog "snuff" out the treat. I bought it from Petco too but I'm not finding it.

They have a couple of other puzzle toys that are similar to this one:

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostor ... ge-3128211

Gotta keep them busy some how! 

That is absolutely BRILLIANT!!!!!  Keeps them busy, enhances their natural abilities and they get a reward for finding it!  :)  I'll have to remember that if we ever get another dog.  I've been looking but nothing has come up that we've been able to handle here.  LOTS of BIG dogs here and the smaller ones are scooped up so fast I haven't had a chance.  But the right one will come along when the time is right.  :) 
Absolutely! You will find your next furbaby when the time is right! 💙 🐾 🐾

Speaking of puzzle toys, found that snuffle toy I bought my girls. It defaults to a cow, but if you use the little arrows, it'll go thru a pig and then the duck.

https://outwardhound.com/snuffle-palz-i ... -for-dogs/

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”