Scrap a Day, May 10th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 508

Re: Scrap a Day, May 10th

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

Hey Cherries 😊
It's been rainy here and our temp dropped! 😂 I woke up freezing! 😂 Definitely added some layers! 😂 It's probably at least 50 out there but brr!
I'm looking forward to more scrappy time today! These NSD challenges are JUST amazing! The hostesses have out done themselves!
I'm pushing myself to use different techniques, too- trying to use my stash in unique ways and so forth. I finished my layout for the Vicki Boutin challenge but haven't posted it here, as it was a Facebook challenge and the gallery is so full. Later I might slip it in the gallery though. It's funny how sometimes we have an idea when we start a layout and then veer a little off course! Lol! I had fun challenging myself to use mostly only Vicki Boutin products though. (EVEN IF I couldn't find the stickers I wanted to use lol!)
Anyway that's it for me- these challenges are a great distraction for me! Waiting for important new is hard! 😂
Oh! BTW, I also want to thank you Cherries for the prayers concerning my mom and her housing situation! She signed the lease and got the keys to her new apartment yesterday! 😊 That's a real sigh of relief! It took her over half a year to find a new (affordable) place! 😳 The housing crisis is very real, and I appreciate all the prayers and good thoughts! 😊
Stay blessed, Cherries! 😀
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1740

Post by beachlover »

TGIF Cherries!

Yes, some of you had a rainy week, and like a few Easterners, I started getting sprinkles off and on yesterday, now the rain today.
DH probably will not race tonight, and we just got a new golf cart and he spent an hour yes  Aterday driving up and down the driveway
with Chloe, getting her used to it, lol.  I have some cute pictures!I am still working on NSD challenges, one or two a day, lol!  Actually,
a rainy Friday is fine with me.  Saturday I pray its clearing up so DH can work his 2nd job, which pays 750-1k for the day!  And Sunday, we
are supposed to take our boats to DE for Mothers Day at the Chesapeake Inn.  Irt will be the 1st time our boat gets out and DS is bringing
home his grandfather's boat from FL right now.   I cannot wait!

Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Motthers Day to all, even the fur baby moms!!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1041

Post by pawprints »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 9:40 am
pawprints wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 8:47 am
Hey Cherries. It’s raining today so my roof job was canceled and has to be rescheduled. Our temps are back in the 40s again and I had to turn the heat back on. Ugh. This weather is all over the place. Since the day is now free I am just going to relax and chill and get back to working on NSD challenges.

Have a great day Cherries.

I'm so sorry mother nature is not cooperating.

WOW...would you like me to send over some of our "heat" to keep you warm? LOL. We had a heat index yesterday of 112 

Wow one extreme to the other lol. I don't think I want THAT much heat lol.

Image Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3695

Post by blbabe1234 »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 11:22 am
Hey Cherries 😊
It's been rainy here and our temp dropped! 😂 I woke up freezing! 😂 Definitely added some layers! 😂 It's probably at least 50 out there but brr!
I'm looking forward to more scrappy time today! These NSD challenges are JUST amazing! The hostesses have out done themselves!
I'm pushing myself to use different techniques, too- trying to use my stash in unique ways and so forth. I finished my layout for the Vicki Boutin challenge but haven't posted it here, as it was a Facebook challenge and the gallery is so full. Later I might slip it in the gallery though. It's funny how sometimes we have an idea when we start a layout and then veer a little off course! Lol! I had fun challenging myself to use mostly only Vicki Boutin products though. (EVEN IF I couldn't find the stickers I wanted to use lol!)
Anyway that's it for me- these challenges are a great distraction for me! Waiting for important new is hard! 😂
Oh! BTW, I also want to thank you Cherries for the prayers concerning my mom and her housing situation! She signed the lease and got the keys to her new apartment yesterday! 😊 That's a real sigh of relief! It took her over half a year to find a new (affordable) place! 😳 The housing crisis is very real, and I appreciate all the prayers and good thoughts! 😊
Glad to hear your mom finally got into an apt she can afford.

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1781

Post by CarrieG »

phew a few minutes finally to sit down  I did get a layout done yesterday but it wasn't for any challenge...just happened to be what was next on my to do list :)

nice day out--not too hot, not too windy  yay!  good thing   I have a ton of outdoor lights to hang...weeeeeeee

I have another layout I want to get done but the sketch is on my other laptop....so I gotta mess with getting it off that....I can get to stuff on it...its just hyper slow  weeeeeeeeee

pretty quiet day otherwise so I'm hoping to scrap later today :)

have a great fri-yay ladies
GinniG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 470

Post by GinniG »

pawprints wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 8:47 am
Hey Cherries. It’s raining today so my roof job was canceled and has to be rescheduled. Our temps are back in the 40s again and I had to turn the heat back on. Ugh. This weather is all over the place. Since the day is now free I am just going to relax and chill and get back to working on NSD challenges.

Have a great day Cherries.

Aww that’s too bad Barb. Hopefully they can come soon! Have fun doing the challenges!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

MTCanuk wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 8:58 am
Seems you have our miserable weather from earlier this week,  sunshine and warming temperatures here.  Had a good trip to Helena yesterday despite a rainy drive all the way there.  Got everything accomplished that we needed to.

No plans, really , here.  Get out and walk.  My hip can tell I haven’t walked in a few days.  

Enjoy your Friday, all!  

Glad things went well for you in Helena! Enjoy that sunshine!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 9:43 am
Good morning cherries. Typical Friday here. Our contractors got to stopping point a little early yesterday so they were done by 4:30pm. They cleaned up really well and will be back Monday morning. They have a funeral to go to today. You know the pups are happy to have their freedom back!

Yesterday was a busy work day. Already cleaned the bathrooms and went to the grocery store. Eating a quick breakfast before starting on work. Still need to sweep/mop the floors.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Awww the pups will enjoy themselves this weekend. So sweet! Hope work goes well today!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

Sue2024 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 9:51 am
It’s on the cool side over here as well.  Not quite as cool as yesterday, though.  Maybe we will be back into the low 70’s next week.

I may or may not try to scrap; depends on how I feel/the dog (nearly 16 year old beagle), etc. 

I would enjoy some 70 degree weather! We’re still in the 40s and 50s. Hope you get to play today!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

emmapaige wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 10:30 am
Nothing much going on here plus it is supposed to rain all day. I hope to get lots of scrapping today. Tomorrow morning we have hair appointments which will probably be very sad since our stylist lost her dad on Tuesday.

Then we will watch our granddaughter, Paige graduation from Ole’ Miss tomorrow afternoon.

Chris, have fun scrapping! And enjoy watching Paige graduate!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

VickiR wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 10:45 am
Rained all night here.  Still spitting occasionally.  Glad it held off and DGD's chorus got to sing at the ball game last night.  Thankful I don't have to water all off my flowers today too. Much cooler and a bit breezy.  Just got my first ACOT order from the sale.  2nd one is in my cart.

That’s so nice that the rain held off!!! I’m still waiting for both of my orders…
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 11:22 am
Hey Cherries 😊

That’s wonderful news about your mom!!! I know she’ll be happy to have her own place again! Have fun playing!!!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

beachlover wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 12:04 pm
TGIF Cherries!

Yes, some of you had a rainy week, and like a few Easterners, I started getting sprinkles off and on yesterday, now the rain today.
DH probably will not race tonight, and we just got a new golf cart and he spent an hour yes  Aterday driving up and down the driveway
with Chloe, getting her used to it, lol.  I have some cute pictures!I am still working on NSD challenges, one or two a day, lol!  Actually,
a rainy Friday is fine with me.  Saturday I pray its clearing up so DH can work his 2nd job, which pays 750-1k for the day!  And Sunday, we
are supposed to take our boats to DE for Mothers Day at the Chesapeake Inn.  Irt will be the 1st time our boat gets out and DS is bringing
home his grandfather's boat from FL right now.   I cannot wait!

Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Motthers Day to all, even the fur baby moms!!

Sounds like busy days!!! Hope the weather clears up Saturday! And hope your DS has smooth boating too! Happy Mother’s Day to you too!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

CarrieG wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 1:14 pm
phew a few minutes finally to sit down  I did get a layout done yesterday but it wasn't for any challenge...just happened to be what was next on my to do list :)

nice day out--not too hot, not too windy  yay!  good thing   I have a ton of outdoor lights to hang...weeeeeeee

I have another layout I want to get done but the sketch is on my other laptop....so I gotta mess with getting it off that....I can get to stuff on it...its just hyper slow  weeeeeeeeee

pretty quiet day otherwise so I'm hoping to scrap later today :)

have a great fri-yay ladies

Hope you can get the sketch off the other laptop Carrie! Have fun playing!
Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1496

Post by Charleneanne »

Hello. Well going to b 92 here today. I have plenty of room at my scrappy table. Some of you folks in the cold and wet feel free to drop by. I’d enjoy the company. ☀️

I made a list when the crop ended last Sunday of challenges to “start” with. lol. There were 10 of them. I have only managed to get 5 done so far. lol I guess that’s better than 0!

Nothing much going on today. I never did get to Costco this week. Oh well. My sons are taking me out to dinner tomorrow night for Mothers Day. I picked my fav Mexican restaurant of course. Younger DS was over yesterday to do yard work and brought me a gift for Mother’s Day. A new indoor/outdoor rug for back patio. My old one was basically remnants of a John Deer one he and his former wife gave me for Christmas in 2010!! lol

Have a fab Friday!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

Hello Cherries!!! 🍒🍒🍒

I feel like I’ve missed a ton over the last few days. Lol! I started a layout last night and was actually seeing on it and I dropped my needle. Can’t find it anywhere! So I’ll have to see if I can’t find another one with a wide enough eye to finish the layout. Or figure out where that needle landed!

Today will be busy again. Steve has an appointment with a new doctor and is getting the catheter out too. Yayay!!!

Hopefully I can play again tonight. I have several NSD challenges I want to do!

Have a fabulous day everyone!!!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

Charleneanne wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 2:17 pm
Hello. Well going to b 92 here today. I have plenty of room at my scrappy table. Some of you folks in the cold and wet feel free to drop by. I’d enjoy the company. ☀️

I made a list when the crop ended last Sunday of challenges to “start” with. lol. There were 10 of them. I have only managed to get 5 done so far. lol I guess that’s better than 0!

Nothing much going on today. I never did get to Costco this week. Oh well. My sons are taking me out to dinner tomorrow night for Mothers Day. I picked my fav Mexican restaurant of course. Younger DS was over yesterday to do yard work and brought me a gift for Mother’s Day. A new indoor/outdoor rug for back patio. My old one was basically remnants of a John Deer one he and his former wife gave me for Christmas in 2010!! lol

Have a fab Friday!

That’s pretty hot!!! What a nice gift from your son!!! Have fun at the Mexican restaurant!
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Charleneanne wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 2:17 pm

Have a fab Friday!

Yummy! Enjoy that dinner tomorrow night!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

GinniG wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 2:22 pm
Hello Cherries!!! 🍒🍒🍒

I feel like I’ve missed a ton over the last few days. Lol! I started a layout last night and was actually seeing on it and I dropped my needle. Can’t find it anywhere! So I’ll have to see if I can’t find another one with a wide enough eye to finish the layout. Or figure out where that needle landed!

Today will be busy again. Steve has an appointment with a new doctor and is getting the catheter out too. Yayay!!!

Hopefully I can play again tonight. I have several NSD challenges I want to do!

Have a fabulous day everyone!!!
Glad Steve is all set up for an appt with the new dr. Hope that goes well. And double yay for that catheter coming out too!

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 939

Post by suewho372 »

Crazy weather/ terrible storms weds- yesterday sunny 79 - last night dropped to 57 overnight and we are at about 68 and cloudy … I cleaned the carpet and left the wi Dow’s upended it is chilly to me !! Lol
Susan

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”