blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3695

Re: Scrap a Day, May 15th

Post by blbabe1234 »

MTCanuk wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 9:53 am
Good Morning!

Kind of busy here today.  I have a haircut later this morning.  And then It is Spring Concert for Grandson#2.  So we will head to the school after lunch.  He is happy to see us there.  
Did get most of my cooking finished yesterday.  Made the soup.  Made the ziti, and date squares.  Freezer is looking full. 

And it seems nice out this early morning.  Says it is 50* out, so that is pretty decent.  Will walk shortly.
Good luck to your grandson :)

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
traveler
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 750

Post by traveler »

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 12:11 pm
Or you can predict rain by when/where the Mets are playing LOL! Hope you don't get rained out! Don't you hate when laundry and chores get in the way of scrapping!? I hope you can get a few more challenges done! 
Don't you mean where the Mets are losing? 😂😂😂

Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 10:01 am
Hey Cherries 😊
It's chilly, breezy, and rainy this morning. Lol I'll probably go back to sleep for a little while - I ALWAYS say that! 😂 I'm out of coffee creamer - and milk- soo... 😂 😂 😂
Cats have kept me entertained this morning - and on my toes! 😂
Little Bit seems to think I'm responsible for the rain, and that maybe if he comes inside and goes out back outside 15 more times, the rain will stop! Him and Joplin also thought it was a good idea to tease Scoot - Scoot is declawed but does NOT let that stop him! He delivered some seriously loud paw smacks! (Of course, they waited until I was trying to pour coffee before they engaged in rough-housing! I don't let them fight- at least not inside!)
Anyway 😂 those are my babies. (Anyone ever tried to get some coffee while the kids bickered and fought? Same things lol only a different language!)
Anyway lol enough about my critters! I have nothing planned for today besides checking the mail- and doing some more crafting for the NSD challenges! There's so many I STILL want to do! The past two weeks have been flying by! (At least for me!)
Also, I started my VERY first layout in my VERY first traveler's notebook! (For a challenge , of course! 😉) I'm loving the additional challenge of the smaller size! It ALSO reminds me to work on my mini album of random things! (Anyone else have one of those? You work on it, then sit down for eternity, then come back to it sporadically- or maybe that's JUST my adult ADD! 😂)
I hope ALL you Cherries have a MOST excellent day today! 😊

Have fun working on the TN
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 11:36 am
pawprints wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 9:05 am
Hey Cherries. Raining all day today. I’m going to be out most of the day. I’m taking my mom to two appointments, then we are going to hit up a few stores. I have another NSD layout in progress on my table and hoping to do some work on it before I have to leave.

Have a great day Cherries.

Have fun shopping with your mom! It's rainy here too. Not that I'm going out of the house with this thing on my face anytime soon LOL! Although the rainy weather is making it very itchy - ack! I am trying to catch up on copy editing and desk stuff. I do have a layout to finish (For the Beatles song challenge) and another one I have the picture and supplies for. I'm hoping to eek out a few more challenges before Friday. 
How are you healing?

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Good morning cherries. Busy busy over here. Yesterday the contractors, because they showed up at 8:30 and worked thru lunch, they called it quits at 3:30, which was nice because the girls had some freedom! Miss Penny got to lay in the sunshine 🌞

IT finally got my client's server back up and running by 3, but then there were other issues with accessing some files so they had to fix that. Things didn't get resolved completely until about 5pm. There was no way I was going to reschedule an upgrade for 5:30, since staff had been out of the program for about 24 hrs. I chose to wait until this morning at 7am. Got that done with no issues. 👍

Did wake up with a slight headache and since the smoke/haze from Central Mexico has came back, I chose not to go for my walk. I instead got the layout I started on Monday done. It's for Brandi's Grunge Inspired Recipe Challenge

I doubt I'll get anything else done NSD-wise. My total is 14 challenges (11 Layouts, 2 Cards and 1 Fast Scrap). Not too shabby all things considering (LIFE and WORK). LOL.

DH had a consultation appt with a surgeon yesterday at noon to look at a lump on the back of left shoulder. He's had it since 1991 and this is the 5th doctor to "look" at it. Previous docs (and some nurses), just drain it and yet, it comes back. Such a PITA. But this time, he's actually getting it surgically removed, which is scheduled for 7:30am Friday, May 24th. That kind of works out for DH since it'll be Memorial Day Weekend, and he'll have that extra day to rest.

After coffee, Excedrin, breakfast and a shower, my headache ended up turning into a migraine. :greenwaiting:  So I ended up having to take my migraine meds... :? Luckily, they are working. Hoping it exits the building real soon!

Hope y'all have a great day.

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1360

Post by scrappinmom99 »

MTCanuk wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 9:53 am
Good Morning!

Kind of busy here today.  I have a haircut later this morning.  And then It is Spring Concert for Grandson#2.  So we will head to the school after lunch.  He is happy to see us there.  
Did get most of my cooking finished yesterday.  Made the soup.  Made the ziti, and date squares.  Freezer is looking full. 

And it seems nice out this early morning.  Says it is 50* out, so that is pretty decent.  Will walk shortly.

Very busy there! When is your surgery again? I hope it will go well. You've been stocking that freezer for ages! Have fun at the concert!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
GinniG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 470

Post by GinniG »

Hi Cherries! 🍒🍒

Well it’s back to the walk in clinic with Steve. I’m so worried about him! But I know there are people praying for him and I just have to trust in God’s will and plan…

Hope everyone is having a good day. I’ll try to catch up later.
Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1496

Post by Charleneanne »

Good morning. Hazy sun and blue skies and expected to b 92 today. But as of right now no more 90 degree weather in forecast for a good long stretch. So apparently back to spring. lol

Need to get it together and run some errands today. Oldest grandsons 16th bday this month. He asked me for some “wife beater” tee shirts in black to wear at the gym. lol. Not sure who told him that term but lol sounds funny coming out of his mouth since it is more prevalent to the 1950’s. But of course grandma found them and ordered to JCP’s catalog desk.

Noticed this morning I’m out of bread, frozen dinner entrees, fresh salad goods, and canned soup plus down to my last 6pak of Dr. Pepper so definitely need to go grocery shopping as well. And I’ve also not gotten to Costco or the Good Feet store lol so this lazy old woman needs to get it together. Guess that half done card on my scrap table will have to wait. Sigh

Have a winning Wednesday
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

GinniG wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:06 pm
Hi Cherries! 🍒🍒

Well it’s back to the walk in clinic with Steve. I’m so worried about him! But I know there are people praying for him and I just have to trust in God’s will and plan…

((HUGS)) Ginni. Hope they can figure out what's going on with Steve
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2439

Post by emmapaige »

Good afternoon! It was another lazy morning, but I finally got my act together and finished one of the NSD Challenges. This was fun! It's for Brandi's Grungy Recipe Challenge. I'm not sure if I want to work on another NSD Challenge or weekly sketch challenge. 

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2439

Post by emmapaige »

GinniG wrote:
Hi Cherries! 🍒🍒

Oh Ginni, I am so sorry about Steve (and you) and hope they figure out what is going on!  (((HUGS)))
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Aztam
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 672

Post by Aztam »

I made 11 NSD layouts, in between spending time with my newest grandson! He’s 1 week old today.
I’ll need to focus on something for his album.

I was able to zoom with some friends and knock out a few layouts last night. We chatted about our experiences with NSD and some of the new pre-order products! I still need to finish working on reorganizing (purging) my craftroom. But it’s more fun to make layouts. LOL

I’m going to start looking at the May challenges since time is almost up for the NSD deadlines.

Hubby is still getting used to being retired. He went for a walk before I woke up today. Working in the yard, straightening up some potted plants, weeding a bit. Maybe a honey-do list is in his future! LOL

Dug out some old Cocoa and Vanilla studios to see what I can come up with for Manufacturer with a twist challenge. Gonna check my photos now…
ImageImageImageImageImage

Tam
Sue2024
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 1

Post by Sue2024 »

Wow, Tam….if your grandson is a week old, he and I are Birthday Buddies.

Am going to sit and work on something now.
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

emmapaige wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 3:13 pm
Good afternoon! It was another lazy morning, but I finally got my act together and finished one of the NSD Challenges. This was fun! It's for Brandi's Grungy Recipe Challenge. I'm not sure if I want to work on another NSD Challenge or weekly sketch challenge. 

Awesome grunge layout!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Aztam wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 3:50 pm
I made 11 NSD layouts, in between spending time with my newest grandson! He’s 1 week old today.

I was able to zoom with some friends and knock out a few layouts last night. We chatted about our experiences with NSD and some of the new pre-order products! I still need to finish working on reorganizing (purging) my craftroom. But it’s more fun to make layouts. LOL

I’m going to start looking at the May challenges since time is almost up for the NSD deadlines.

Hubby is still getting used to being retired. He went for a walk before I woke up today. Working in the yard, straightening up some potted plants, weeding a bit. Maybe a honey-do list is in his future! LOL

Dug out some old Cocoa and Vanilla studios to see what I can come up with for Manufacturer with a twist challenge. Gonna check my photos now…
11 NSD layouts is awesome! Have a great scrappy day

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 499

Post by SandyJay »

GinniG wrote:
Hi Cherries! 🍒🍒

🙏 🙏 🙏
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1041

Post by pawprints »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 12:52 pm
Good morning cherries. Busy busy over here. Yesterday the contractors, because they showed up at 8:30 and worked thru lunch, they called it quits at 3:30, which was nice because the girls had some freedom! Miss Penny got to lay in the sunshine 🌞

IT finally got my client's server back up and running by 3, but then there were other issues with accessing some files so they had to fix that. Things didn't get resolved completely until about 5pm. There was no way I was going to reschedule an upgrade for 5:30, since staff had been out of the program for about 24 hrs. I chose to wait until this morning at 7am. Got that done with no issues. 👍

Did wake up with a slight headache and since the smoke/haze from Central Mexico has came back, I chose not to go for my walk. I instead got the layout I started on Monday done. It's for Brandi's Grunge Inspired Recipe Challenge

I doubt I'll get anything else done NSD-wise. My total is 14 challenges (11 Layouts, 2 Cards and 1 Fast Scrap). Not too shabby all things considering (LIFE and WORK). LOL.

DH had a consultation appt with a surgeon yesterday at noon to look at a lump on the back of left shoulder. He's had it since 1991 and this is the 5th doctor to "look" at it. Previous docs (and some nurses), just drain it and yet, it comes back. Such a PITA. But this time, he's actually getting it surgically removed, which is scheduled for 7:30am Friday, May 24th. That kind of works out for DH since it'll be Memorial Day Weekend, and he'll have that extra day to rest.

After coffee, Excedrin, breakfast and a shower, my headache ended up turning into a migraine. :greenwaiting:  So I ended up having to take my migraine meds... :? Luckily, they are working. Hoping it exits the building real soon!

Hope y'all have a great day.

Such an awesome layout Brandy!

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1041

Post by pawprints »

emmapaige wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 3:13 pm

Amazing work on this great layout Chris!

Image Image Image Image

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 508

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 12:37 pm
JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 10:01 am
Hey Cherries 😊
It's chilly, breezy, and rainy this morning. Lol I'll probably go back to sleep for a little while - I ALWAYS say that! 😂 I'm out of coffee creamer - and milk- soo... 😂 😂 😂
Cats have kept me entertained this morning - and on my toes! 😂
Little Bit seems to think I'm responsible for the rain, and that maybe if he comes inside and goes out back outside 15 more times, the rain will stop! Him and Joplin also thought it was a good idea to tease Scoot - Scoot is declawed but does NOT let that stop him! He delivered some seriously loud paw smacks! (Of course, they waited until I was trying to pour coffee before they engaged in rough-housing! I don't let them fight- at least not inside!)
Anyway 😂 those are my babies. (Anyone ever tried to get some coffee while the kids bickered and fought? Same things lol only a different language!)
Anyway lol enough about my critters! I have nothing planned for today besides checking the mail- and doing some more crafting for the NSD challenges! There's so many I STILL want to do! The past two weeks have been flying by! (At least for me!)
Also, I started my VERY first layout in my VERY first traveler's notebook! (For a challenge , of course! 😉) I'm loving the additional challenge of the smaller size! It ALSO reminds me to work on my mini album of random things! (Anyone else have one of those? You work on it, then sit down for eternity, then come back to it sporadically- or maybe that's JUST my adult ADD! 😂)
I hope ALL you Cherries have a MOST excellent day today! 😊

Have fun working on the TN
Thank you! I REALLY like it! I plan on buying MORE lol!
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 508

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

Aztam wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 3:50 pm

☺️☺️☺️ It's nice to have new babies to scrap! You've been on a roll, too! ☺️

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”