Procraftinating

Moderator: ACOT Employee

DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 444

Re: Procraftinating

Post by DN in MN »

In years past, I have done the same.  Participated in the games and fun, then scrapped.  This year, I am the opposite.  Getting some things done for a change, lol.

I do miss the building layouts and other games but need to focus...ha, that is my word for 2024!
2024 Layout goal ~ 6/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Post by Art_Teacher »

stinkerbelle wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:47 pm
you can never go wrong with 80s pop, especially if you need some energy  😁

i've always done the challenges later; too much happening at once makes my brain freeze and i can't do both challenges and games.  i'm pretty old though, so there's that lol
Yes!  This is my other go-to playlist. :)   LOL on the brain freeze...I teach in the most chaotic classroom, so quieter is better for me to think...I refuse to blame it on my being old! ;)

Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
GinniG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 470

Post by GinniG »

QueenBee89 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:52 pm
GinniG wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:46 pm
QueenBee89 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:35 pm
Haha! I know the feeling! I can get so wrapped up in the games and the challenges that I barely get anything created! I just tell myself that this is fun, too! And it's still enjoying my hobby! 

EXACTLY!!!!  After getting so stressed out the last few NSDs I decided this year I'd concentrate on the games with prizes I want and then I'll work on challenges later.  I'm also going to work on challenges that have prizes I really want before I work on other challenges.  That has really taken the stress level down!  :)  I'll still do the challenges but not until after I've done the games and such.  :) 
Yes! And one thing I've learned is to really use the challenges to inspire what I WANT to work on; not try to force myself into the box of the challenge just for the sake of the prize. There's so much inspiration out there, we simply cannot do it all! gotta make the challenges work for me, not the other way around!

EXACTLY!!!!!!!

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3695

Post by blbabe1234 »

Haha! Glad I could help! And some of y'all brought back things that I haven't seen before so guess what? Yep, in the cart it goes! I might need a second job to supply my habit.... 😂 😂

I LOVE 90s country....
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 733

Post by sherelm »

I say enjoy yourself. If you skip out on one or two challenges, no one will know but you. This is a happy day, not a work day. When everyone is off the board then you can scrapbook.
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Post by sherelm »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 1:34 pm
stinkerbelle wrote:

i've always done the challenges later; too much happening at once makes my brain freeze and i can't do both challenges and games.  i'm pretty old though, so there's that lol
Yes!  This is my other go-to playlist. :)   LOL on the brain freeze...I teach in the most chaotic classroom, so quieter is better for me to think...I refuse to blame it on my being old! ;)

Because you guys are NOT OLD. if you are working, you are not old. Next week I'll be 72. Is that old? Not for me! I still do things for my younger family members who can't lift can't do a lot of things! And I plan on doing what I can until I can't.
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 508

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

DN in MN wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:56 pm
In years past, I have done the same.  Participated in the games and fun, then scrapped.  This year, I am the opposite.  Getting some things done for a change, lol.

I do miss the building layouts and other games but need to focus...ha, that is my word for 2024!

Lol yessss!!!
meh
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 21

Post by meh »

Same.... I'm overtired from yesterday!  All I have done today is organize all the challenges I plan on doing and thinking about what I will do for each one.
Oh ... and play games of course.

Frustratingly my iPad won't charge so I'm going to have to go to the genius bar tomorrow. grrr

meh
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 21

Post by meh »

sherelm wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 2:35 pm
Art_Teacher wrote:
stinkerbelle wrote:

Because you guys are NOT OLD. if you are working, you are not old. Next week I'll be 72. Is that old? Not for me! I still do things for my younger family members who can't lift can't do a lot of things! And I plan on doing what I can until I can't. 
I am definitely NOT old - I am 73 and I work and I play. In the last 6 months I've gotten two new knees and new lenses in my eyes so I can keep up with myself   :)

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Post by Art_Teacher »

sherelm wrote:
Art_Teacher wrote:
stinkerbelle wrote:

Positive attitudes will keep us young, for sure! :)  I think teaching teens makes me feel older than I am. LOL

Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1360

Post by scrappinmom99 »

I love 90s alternative!!  Do you have Spotify? When I can't decide I let the DJ do his thing LOL!

I've kind of been procraftinating but not really. This morning DH and I went to Aldi's which for us is 2 subways away and then we get a taxi home. That took until noon and now the plumber is here replacing a faucet so I don't know WHEN I am going to have 2 seconds to do any crafting today!! Wahhh!!! At least I can check out the challenges now.
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Post by sherelm »

GMFTS wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 2:40 pm
sherelm wrote:
Art_Teacher wrote:

I am definitely NOT old - I am 73 and I work and I play. In the last 6 months I've gotten two new knees and new lenses in my eyes so I can keep up with myself   :)

Yeah, you are just remodeling!!!
Jessica Mikels
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 140

Post by Jessica Mikels »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:20 pm
LOL...I feel your pain!  The games are so fun!  But, at least we have a longer deadline for the challenges! ;)

I am currently listening to Spotify country music (my own playlist of favorites, plus a lot of new singer/songwriters, inspired by one of my former students. )  It makes me feel creative, and they are sort of calming!  lol
I went with the radio and still didn't much done lol So glad for the longer deadlines b/c I ended up playing a ton of games instead! Aw, what an honor to have that inspiration!

JessicaMikelsCreativeDesigns.com
Instagram: @
jessicamikels
YouTube: @Jessica.Mikels

Image ImageImageImage
Jessica Mikels
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by Jessica Mikels »

savvy4 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:25 pm
Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars always gets me going. 
That is a good one! I'm doing a shoulder dance just singing it in my head!

jessicamikels

Image ImageImageImage
Jessica Mikels
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by Jessica Mikels »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:26 pm
Lol I think I'm still tired from yesterday haha I would suggest some up -beat hip hop throwbacks from the VERY EARLY 90s! 😂 Like "Jump around" ...or, the Beastie Boys! 😂 Lol my playlist yesterday started with new stuff an ended up somewhere around 1980s! 😂
It's raining here today, and I haven't started scrappin either, YET! ! 😂 I will though!
Haha it's Derby Day and I blame the rain!
I do love my 90's music! I would have loved to have a rainy day.. all cozy in my craft room, not crafting LOL

jessicamikels

Image ImageImageImage
Jessica Mikels
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by Jessica Mikels »

Nana01 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:27 pm
I did that yesterday but today I am working on the challenges. I am getting the games in but want to focus completing a few layouts. I am listening to a variety of music on my playlist mostly KLove songs. 
I'm more of a Family Life Radio type of gal vs Klove and that's exactly what I ended up playing to get me going! I hope you got those LO's done!

jessicamikels

Image ImageImageImage
Jessica Mikels
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by Jessica Mikels »

JillinIN wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:29 pm
I agree the games are a fun distraction from scrapbooking!
I just finished my second page in two days.  😄
So fun and as an other Cherry mentioned, challenges have longer deadlines! I hope you played all of the games today! lol

jessicamikels

Image ImageImageImage
Karyn_Sue
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 715

Post by Karyn_Sue »

It's soooooo easy (and FUN!!!!) to get sucked up into the games and completely side-tracked from scrapping - BUT the games are only here for a coupla days and then we have a week to finish up!!!
“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford

ImageImageImageImageImage
Jessica Mikels
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by Jessica Mikels »

Mommytron wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:33 pm
I like to listen to Big Band, like Chuck Berry and such.  
I really like big band! Yep, that'll get me going, I've always wanted to learn how to dance to big bands.. 

jessicamikels

Image ImageImageImage
Jessica Mikels
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by Jessica Mikels »

LoreenC wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:33 pm
Maybe an online music thing like amazon or i❤️radio. Choose a type and get a whole change up of music ! 
I Love alternative , sorta punk like the Offspring , they are Lively !! Alice in Chains is out for me today!
Yes, yes, and YAAASSS! For whatever reason though it was just not doing it for me. Perhaps b/c I kept getting Black Hole Sun and Glycerin vibes from my online playlist lol

jessicamikels

Image ImageImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”