Moderator: ACOT Employee

GinniG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 470

Re: Scrap a Day, May 1st

Post by GinniG »

Charleneanne wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 1:34 pm
Howdy. First morning in quite a while with nothing at all on the agenda. No appointments, have to’s or must go’s! My blood labs from yesterday show a few lows that I am sure my dr will want to talk to me about. Oh well.

Looking at the long range weather forecast this morning on my weather app and boy some of you folks are going to have a miserable summer. My part of California will b about the usual but my sister In Oregon is going to have a very hot nasty summer. One of the reasons they retired there was the cooler summer weather. Lol

Only thing I have planned today is making a bday card with cats on it. My friends bday is tomorrow and we are going out to lunch. She is a cat lady. Has a couple of her own and a small colony of semi ferals also in her back yard that she feeds and pays for vet care. Her DH died about 3 years ago and this is apparently her coping mechanism. lol. Purrfect choice.

Have a wonderful Wednesday.

Yay for a quiet day at last!!! Have fun making the cat birthday card!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

VickiR wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 2:24 pm
I was out and about doing errands all morning and stopped to have lunch with our daughter on the way home.  I just threw in a load of laundry and I'm headed out to plant the flowers in the deck pots.  Counting the hours and minutes until Friday!

Vicki, have fun planting your flowers!!! Won’t be long until the fun begins!!!!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

Hi Cherries!!! 🍒🍒🍒

It’s a somewhat sunny day here. The wind is pretty chilly but the sunshine feels good.

Steve and I are both feeling better today. Thank God! I need to go over to the house with him to help make some decisions. Then I’ll be pulling things for the NSD challenges. Tomorrow is town day so I need to get things ready to mail. Granddaughter Molly turns 23 on Saturday! She’s the reason I started scrapping! And a friend has a birthday this month too. I also have a couple more that I need to send that have been sitting here forever. So I’ll be getting those ready. Might need to make a card or two as well.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!
SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 499

Post by SandyJay »

pawprints wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 8:39 am
Hey Cherries. Only 2 more days to go! Eeeeek! I have my Graphic Design challenge almost ready to go so it will be up before NSD. I have to run out and take my mom to her podiatrist today. It’s been a lot of running back and forth for her lately. My sister was away over the weekend so she is back and available now. We usually take turns helping her out and she has needed us a lot lately. And she is no longer driving so we are always picking things up for her or taking her to her appointments.

The men continue to paint outside and my house looks awesome! I am so in love with the color and the whole transformation of my house! I can’t wait until it is done and the roof goes on! It is going to be amazing!

Going to take the doggies outside on leash now and then come in and work on the rest of my layout and get my challenge up.

Have a great day Cherries!
I am so happy you are pleased with your choice!  I can’t wait to see photos!  

SandyJay
Cherry Bomb

Post by SandyJay »

Mommyof5 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 8:57 am
So glad your sister is back to help out! 
Since my Mom had her stroke last June, I have also been doing the same.
Between work and helping out with my Mom, I have not had any "ME" time at all. 
I didn't realize just how much I had given up until I went over to the gallery and I had not posted anything since December.
It takes a lot, so my heart and prayers go out to you and your sister, and of course your Mom!

I would love to see photos once your house is finished! 
I just had my house painted and I am also completely in love with the results! I had my front door painted RED...which I thought I would hate but I don't!! 
I did it for a "message" so to speak on the significance of a red door...not for the love of the color.  I was pleasantly surprised! 
Everyone thought I was nuts until they saw how great it looked...also no one knew the significance except ONE person! 
Can't wait to see yours! 
Sorry you haven’t had any “me” time.  I hope you can find some time this weekend.  Bless you for taking care of your mom.  As far as the red door, wondering what the message was?  Also, I want to see pictures!!!  I love colored doors!  Mine…is boring brown faux wood.  Maybe time for an update…
SandyJay
Cherry Bomb

Post by SandyJay »

MTCanuk wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 9:10 am
Enjoying my coffee waiting for DD to arrive. DH just headed out the door for an Avis drive.
Hope to walk in a bit. Will have to bundle up as it is only in the 20’s. Where is our spring?? Thought it was suppose to be rainy/ snowy, but the sun is currently shining.

Was able to skirt through without taking the class yesterday! Yay, me. Still a lot of waiting for pre op labs and EKG. No big plans for today, get my walk in and head to the post office to send the swap box. It certainly is over stuffed!

I am glad you got out of that class!  Stay warm! 
SandyJay
Cherry Bomb

Post by SandyJay »

trainmom wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 9:44 am
Happy May! 

I have been getting ready for NSD and working on the photo scavenger hunt and early bird challenges. Now I think I should get out of my craft room a couple days. Tonight we are heading to a garden store so I will plant my annuals and tomatoes tomorrow. meanwhile this morning I went out early to drop my car off for state inspection then I walked home stopping at the grocery store on the way. I'll walk back to pick the stupid car up this afternoon.

When the polestar dealer was fixing the car last week, they put it in one pedal drive and didn't tell us. So, that surprised me when I started driving. One pedal drive isn't that bad in the city where I stop every block, but I would be a disaster trying to use it on a highway. I'll switch it back before I drive the car home tonight even though it's only about 10 blocks. I have a bunch of other little errands to do today so I won't have any starting Friday.

One pedal drive??  What is that? 

SandyJay
Cherry Bomb

Post by SandyJay »

GinniG wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 2:48 pm
Hi Cherries!!! 🍒🍒🍒

It’s a somewhat sunny day here. The wind is pretty chilly but the sunshine feels good.

Steve and I are both feeling better today. Thank God! I need to go over to the house with him to help make some decisions. Then I’ll be pulling things for the NSD challenges. Tomorrow is town day so I need to get things ready to mail. Granddaughter Molly turns 23 on Saturday! She’s the reason I started scrapping! And a friend has a birthday this month too. I also have a couple more that I need to send that have been sitting here forever. So I’ll be getting those ready. Might need to make a card or two as well.

Glad you two are feeling better!  
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2439

Post by emmapaige »

beachlover wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 10:48 am
Good morning Cherries!

I was kind of MIA here and there the past few months but really missed everyone!
Some of you may have seen on FB, my Sweet Harley developed a rapidly growing
cancer and died in just under 4 weeks.  During that time she had very little energy
but wanted to lay in our bed so for that whole time, we stayed in bed all day, every
day.  Finally on a Thursday she could not get up on the bed and would not eat.  That 
is when we knew it was time.  We did  not want her to suffer o I made an appointment
with the vet for the next evening and we took her to the vet and said our goodbyes.

I cried every day in March.  I went back and forth about wanting another dog.  Finally on April 1st
DH and I drove out to PA where someone had a whole litter of Labs ready for furever homes.  I had
seen pictures and decided on the one I wanted, but when I got there, a Silver female was doing
anything to get my attention.  She was the one!  And I named her Chloe.  She slept in my arms 
the whole 90 minute ride .

So now I am working with her every day, she is picking up command quickly.  She and Bella
chase each other all over.  And I am still setting up a new laptop.  Have not had access to my email
since April 1st.  At first I thought it was an April Fools joke but the hard drive crashed and I lost everything,
including the photos from our wedding!  Todat I am cleaning up my desk to make room for my new printer.
This will be the first time in a year that I have a photo printer!    Wish me luck that it works for me si I can
print out Chloe pics!

Have a great day all!

I am so sorry about sweet Harley but glad you adopted Chloe. My older daughter called me today to tell me that their rescue dog, Bernie has been going downhill very quickly.  They had an appointment on Friday but since he had three seizers today (one while we were on the phone), they moved the appointment up to tomorrow. So sad.

Anyway, I hope to see you soon - hopefully at the crop in a few weeks. 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 12:37 pm
Hey Cherries! ☺️
I'm feeling a little better again today and loving the sunshine today! 🌻

Idk where time goes but I'm happy to be starting some of the May challenges! 😊 I'm also SO excited that NSD is ALMOST here!! 😊
I KNOW I should do something boring like put away the laundry, so I may start on that after a while! It's STILL coffee time for me! Lol I went back to sleep this morning after making an important phone call. Lol Charlie cat woke me up again! 😂😅😅 Hopefully she'll be my back up alarm this weekend! 😂
Stay blessed Cherries! 😊
So glad you are starting to feel better!! 

** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

Charleneanne wrote:
Howdy. First morning in quite a while with nothing at all on the agenda. No appointments, have to’s or must go’s! My blood labs from yesterday show a few lows that I am sure my dr will want to talk to me about. Oh well.

Looking at the long range weather forecast this morning on my weather app and boy some of you folks are going to have a miserable summer. My part of California will b about the usual but my sister In Oregon is going to have a very hot nasty summer. One of the reasons they retired there was the cooler summer weather. Lol

Only thing I have planned today is making a bday card with cats on it. My friends bday is tomorrow and we are going out to lunch. She is a cat lady. Has a couple of her own and a small colony of semi ferals also in her back yard that she feeds and pays for vet care. Her DH died about 3 years ago and this is apparently her coping mechanism. lol. Purrfect choice.

That's so nice you are making a birthday card for your friend who loves cats!! 

** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

VickiR wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 2:24 pm
I was out and about doing errands all morning and stopped to have lunch with our daughter on the way home.  I just threw in a load of laundry and I'm headed out to plant the flowers in the deck pots.  Counting the hours and minutes until Friday!

You've been much more productive that I have but I also am counting down the hours until 9:00 am Friday. 
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 508

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

Charleneanne wrote:

I bet you make the cutest card for your friend! 😍 Have an awesome day! ☺️
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1041

Post by pawprints »

Home now and got my Graphic Design challenge layout done and the challenge posted. I had a lot of fun with this. Catching up here now.

Image Image Image Image

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

GinniG wrote:
Hi Cherries!!! 🍒🍒🍒

It's sooo awesome that you've been scrappin for 23 years! ☺️😍☺️ Have fun making the card!
Enjoy your sunshine! 😊
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

pawprints wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:15 pm
Home now and got my Graphic Design challenge layout done and the challenge posted. I had a lot of fun with this. Catching up here now.

Gorgeous!
traveler
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 750

Post by traveler »

Mommytron wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 3:47 pm
trainmom wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 9:44 am
Happy May! 

I have been getting ready for NSD and working on the photo scavenger hunt and early bird challenges. Now I think I should get out of my craft room a couple days. Tonight we are heading to a garden store so I will plant my annuals and tomatoes tomorrow. meanwhile this morning I went out early to drop my car off for state inspection then I walked home stopping at the grocery store on the way. I'll walk back to pick the stupid car up this afternoon.

When the polestar dealer was fixing the car last week, they put it in one pedal drive and didn't tell us. So, that surprised me when I started driving. One pedal drive isn't that bad in the city where I stop every block, but I would be a disaster trying to use it on a highway. I'll switch it back before I drive the car home tonight even though it's only about 10 blocks. I have a bunch of other little errands to do today so I won't have any starting Friday.

One pedal drive??  What is that? 

It’s an electric car thing. It’s more energy efficient but hard to do if you’ve been driving normal cars for 40 years. You take your foot off the gas and the car stops rather than slows down like a normal car.
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

GinniG wrote:
Hi Cherries!!! 🍒🍒🍒

Happy Birthday to Molly!! Glad you both are feeling better today. 
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

pawprints wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:15 pm

Oh my gosh - what gorgeous pups!! Love the purple and yellow!! 

** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1041

Post by pawprints »

Mommyof5 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 8:57 am
So glad your sister is back to help out! 
Since my Mom had her stroke last June, I have also been doing the same.
Between work and helping out with my Mom, I have not had any "ME" time at all. 
I didn't realize just how much I had given up until I went over to the gallery and I had not posted anything since December.
It takes a lot, so my heart and prayers go out to you and your sister, and of course your Mom!

I would love to see photos once your house is finished! 
I just had my house painted and I am also completely in love with the results! I had my front door painted RED...which I thought I would hate but I don't!! 
I did it for a "message" so to speak on the significance of a red door...not for the love of the color.  I was pleasantly surprised! 
Everyone thought I was nuts until they saw how great it looked...also no one knew the significance except ONE person! 
Can't wait to see yours! 
I bet your house looks awesome! I would love to see a pic! ((Hugs)) on your mom and your lack of "me" time. It certainly is difficult.

Image Image Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”