Scrap a Day, May 1st

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1035

Scrap a Day, May 1st

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. Only 2 more days to go! Eeeeek! I have my Graphic Design challenge almost ready to go so it will be up before NSD. I have to run out and take my mom to her podiatrist today. It’s been a lot of running back and forth for her lately. My sister was away over the weekend so she is back and available now. We usually take turns helping her out and she has needed us a lot lately. And she is no longer driving so we are always picking things up for her or taking her to her appointments.

The men continue to paint outside and my house looks awesome! I am so in love with the color and the whole transformation of my house! I can’t wait until it is done and the roof goes on! It is going to be amazing!

Going to take the doggies outside on leash now and then come in and work on the rest of my layout and get my challenge up.

Have a great day Cherries!

Image Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3685

Re: Scrap a Day, May 1st

Post by blbabe1234 »

Good morning Barb! Glad you are lovin' the paint color you chose. Can't wait to see pics of it all done! Good luck with everything you have to do to help your mom.

Yesterday was a decent day, thank goodness so I got the state's d/c form updated. Moving on to a couple of more other things and will do an upgrade tomorrow night. Tonight is Draven's Kinder Graduation. Can't believe how quickly that school year zoomed on by. Just 3 more weeks until he is out of school for Summer Break. Then next round will be 1st grade for Draven and Pre-K for Jasper. Those boys are growing up way too fast! And yes....I'll indulge y'all a bit with pics tomorrow. :greeninlove: :greeninlove:

Anyways, gonna get started on work a bit early today since we do have plans tonight. Already got our bed sheets in the dryer and went on my morning walk.

Hope y'all have a great day.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
Mommyof5
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 165

Post by Mommyof5 »

So glad your sister is back to help out! 
Since my Mom had her stroke last June, I have also been doing the same.
Between work and helping out with my Mom, I have not had any "ME" time at all. 
I didn't realize just how much I had given up until I went over to the gallery and I had not posted anything since December.
It takes a lot, so my heart and prayers go out to you and your sister, and of course your Mom!

I would love to see photos once your house is finished! 
I just had my house painted and I am also completely in love with the results! I had my front door painted RED...which I thought I would hate but I don't!! 
I did it for a "message" so to speak on the significance of a red door...not for the love of the color.  I was pleasantly surprised! 
Everyone thought I was nuts until they saw how great it looked...also no one knew the significance except ONE person! 
Can't wait to see yours! 
 Have a Wonderful Day!  ~Misty
 Image  Image   Image

MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2021

Post by MTCanuk »

Enjoying my coffee waiting for DD to arrive. DH just headed out the door for an Avis drive.
Hope to walk in a bit. Will have to bundle up as it is only in the 20’s. Where is our spring?? Thought it was suppose to be rainy/ snowy, but the sun is currently shining.

Was able to skirt through without taking the class yesterday! Yay, me. Still a lot of waiting for pre op labs and EKG. No big plans for today, get my walk in and head to the post office to send the swap box. It certainly is over stuffed!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2426

Post by emmapaige »

pawprints wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 8:39 am
Hey Cherries. Only 2 more days to go! Eeeeek! I have my Graphic Design challenge almost ready to go so it will be up before NSD. I have to run out and take my mom to her podiatrist today. It’s been a lot of running back and forth for her lately. My sister was away over the weekend so she is back and available now. We usually take turns helping her out and she has needed us a lot lately. And she is no longer driving so we are always picking things up for her or taking her to her appointments.

The men continue to paint outside and my house looks awesome! I am so in love with the color and the whole transformation of my house! I can’t wait until it is done and the roof goes on! It is going to be amazing!

Going to take the doggies outside on leash now and then come in and work on the rest of my layout and get my challenge up.

That’s so nice that you and your sister are available to help out your mom. And I’m thrilled you love the color you picked out.

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 8:57 am
Good morning Barb! Glad you are lovin' the paint color you chose. Can't wait to see pics of it all done! Good luck with everything you have to do to help your mom.

Yesterday was a decent day, thank goodness so I got the state's d/c form updated. Moving on to a couple of more other things and will do an upgrade tomorrow night. Tonight is Draven's Kinder Graduation. Can't believe how quickly that school year zoomed on by. Just 3 more weeks until he is out of school for Summer Break. Then next round will be 1st grade for Draven and Pre-K for Jasper. Those boys are growing up way too fast! And yes....I'll indulge y'all a bit with pics tomorrow. :greeninlove: :greeninlove:

Anyways, gonna get started on work a bit early today since we do have plans tonight. Already got our bed sheets in the dryer and went on my morning walk.

The boys are growing up so quickly! 
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

Mommyof5 wrote:
I didn't realize just how much I had given up until I went over to the gallery and I had not posted anything since December.
It takes a lot, so my heart and prayers go out to you and your sister, and of course your Mom!

I just had my house painted and I am also completely in love with the results! I had my front door painted RED...which I thought I would hate but I don't!! 
I did it for a "message" so to speak on the significance of a red door...not for the love of the color.  I was pleasantly surprised! 
Everyone thought I was nuts until they saw how great it looked...also no one knew the significance except ONE person! 
Can't wait to see yours! 

A red door sounds delightful! Love the message.
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

MTCanuk wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 9:10 am
Enjoying my coffee waiting for DD to arrive. DH just headed out the door for an Avis drive.
Hope to walk in a bit. Will have to bundle up as it is only in the 20’s. Where is our spring?? Thought it was suppose to be rainy/ snowy, but the sun is currently shining.

Was able to skirt through without taking the class yesterday! Yay, me. Still a lot of waiting for pre op labs and EKG. No big plans for today, get my walk in and head to the post office to send the swap box. It certainly is over stuffed!

Great that you didn’t need to take the class. Brrr….the 20’s on May 1st just doesn’t sound right!
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

traveler
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 750

Post by traveler »

Happy May! 

I have been getting ready for NSD and working on the photo scavenger hunt and early bird challenges. Now I think I should get out of my craft room a couple days. Tonight we are heading to a garden store so I will plant my annuals and tomatoes tomorrow. meanwhile this morning I went out early to drop my car off for state inspection then I walked home stopping at the grocery store on the way. I'll walk back to pick the stupid car up this afternoon.

When the polestar dealer was fixing the car last week, they put it in one pedal drive and didn't tell us. So, that surprised me when I started driving. One pedal drive isn't that bad in the city where I stop every block, but I would be a disaster trying to use it on a highway. I'll switch it back before I drive the car home tonight even though it's only about 10 blocks. I have a bunch of other little errands to do today so I won't have any starting Friday.

Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

I’m still lounging in bed this morning. I watched a cute movie on Netflix, “Anyone But You” but now I’ve got to get ready for the day and get my May Challenge posted. I also need to pick a winner for my April Challenge.

i see a few May Challenges I’d like to start on before the NSD Challenges begin.
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Mommyof5 wrote:

Can't wait to see yours! 

HUGS Misty. I know it's not easy when you've got your own life AND having to take care of a sick parent. I was in your shoes 5 years ago. Helping my dad take care of my mother (who also had a couple of strokes and a few other things) when he couldn't "deal" all while working full time and babysitting my nephew who was between 5 and 10 months old 4 to 8 days a month for 12 hrs each day. It's not easy at all, and people on the outside don't truly understand.

You take care of yourself. Remember, SELF CARE is a necessity, not a privelege.

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

trainmom wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 9:44 am
Happy May! 

I have been getting ready for NSD and working on the photo scavenger hunt and early bird challenges. Now I think I should get out of my craft room a couple days. Tonight we are heading to a garden store so I will plant my annuals and tomatoes tomorrow. meanwhile this morning I went out early to drop my car off for state inspection then I walked home stopping at the grocery store on the way. I'll walk back to pick the stupid car up this afternoon.

When the polestar dealer was fixing the car last week, they put it in one pedal drive and didn't tell us. So, that surprised me when I started driving. One pedal drive isn't that bad in the city where I stop every block, but I would be a disaster trying to use it on a highway. I'll switch it back before I drive the car home tonight even though it's only about 10 blocks. I have a bunch of other little errands to do today so I won't have any starting Friday.

I hope they finally fix your car correctly this time. Enjoy your time at the garden store!

** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

MTCanuk wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 9:10 am

Crazy weather for sure! You are still experiencing winter and here I am melting in the mornings (77 degrees, 97% humidity) and breaking heat index records (for this time of year) in the afternoon
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

trainmom wrote:
Happy May! 

Ugh...sorry the polestar dealer didn't tell you what they had done to the car. Boo!

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1738

Post by beachlover »

Good morning Cherries!

I was kind of MIA here and there the past few months but really missed everyone!
Some of you may have seen on FB, my Sweet Harley developed a rapidly growing
cancer and died in just under 4 weeks.  During that time she had very little energy
but wanted to lay in our bed so for that whole time, we stayed in bed all day, every
day.  Finally on a Thursday she could not get up on the bed and would not eat.  That 
is when we knew it was time.  We did  not want her to suffer o I made an appointment
with the vet for the next evening and we took her to the vet and said our goodbyes.

I cried every day in March.  I went back and forth about wanting another dog.  Finally on April 1st
DH and I drove out to PA where someone had a whole litter of Labs ready for furever homes.  I had
seen pictures and decided on the one I wanted, but when I got there, a Silver female was doing
anything to get my attention.  She was the one!  And I named her Chloe.  She slept in my arms 
the whole 90 minute ride .

So now I am working with her every day, she is picking up command quickly.  She and Bella
chase each other all over.  And I am still setting up a new laptop.  Have not had access to my email
since April 1st.  At first I thought it was an April Fools joke but the hard drive crashed and I lost everything,
including the photos from our wedding!  Todat I am cleaning up my desk to make room for my new printer.
This will be the first time in a year that I have a photo printer!    Wish me luck that it works for me si I can
print out Chloe pics!

Have a great day all!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

beachlover wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 10:48 am
Good morning Cherries!

I was kind of MIA here and there the past few months but really missed everyone!
Some of you may have seen on FB, my Sweet Harley developed a rapidly growing
cancer and died in just under 4 weeks.  During that time she had very little energy
but wanted to lay in our bed so for that whole time, we stayed in bed all day, every
day.  Finally on a Thursday she could not get up on the bed and would not eat.  That 
is when we knew it was time.  We did  not want her to suffer o I made an appointment
with the vet for the next evening and we took her to the vet and said our goodbyes.

I cried every day in March.  I went back and forth about wanting another dog.  Finally on April 1st
DH and I drove out to PA where someone had a whole litter of Labs ready for furever homes.  I had
seen pictures and decided on the one I wanted, but when I got there, a Silver female was doing
anything to get my attention.  She was the one!  And I named her Chloe.  She slept in my arms 
the whole 90 minute ride .

So now I am working with her every day, she is picking up command quickly.  She and Bella
chase each other all over.  And I am still setting up a new laptop.  Have not had access to my email
since April 1st.  At first I thought it was an April Fools joke but the hard drive crashed and I lost everything,
including the photos from our wedding!  Todat I am cleaning up my desk to make room for my new printer.
This will be the first time in a year that I have a photo printer!    Wish me luck that it works for me si I can
print out Chloe pics!

Have a great day all!

Hi Ann! I've seen pics of your adorable Chloe. Glad you were ready to give a pup a furever home. And many hugs to you. I know you miss Harley deeply
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

debraruffing
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 508

Post by debraruffing »

trainmom wrote:
Happy May! 

What kind of car Louise?  I never heard of one pedal driving...

Debra R. 
Nana of 5, Mama of 2, Disney Addict

ImageImage  ImageImageImage
traveler
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 750

Post by traveler »

druffing wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 11:31 am
trainmom wrote:
Happy May! 

What kind of car Louise?  I never heard of one pedal driving...

It’s a thing in electric cars. You take your foot off the gas and instead of slowing down, you stop. I suppose if I learned how to drive on one, it would be fine, but I’ve been driving the normal way for over 40 years and I don’t want to learn to adapt. I test drove a car that was one pedal a few years ago and hated it. Never did it again until today, I pulled the car out and it 2 driving funny. After a minute, I realized why. Luckily I was only going a few blocks, otherwise I would have pulled over and googled how to change it back.
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 502

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

pawprints wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 8:39 am

Barb, it's great that you and your sister help your mother. 💓 I know I would help mine if I lived closer.
Too great about your house! 😊😊
I'm excited for your new challenge, AND for NSD, too! 😊
Hope you have an amazing day! 😊
Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 502

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

blbabe1234 wrote:

😊 Such good stuff!
Have an awesome day!! 😊

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”