Scrap a Day, May 2nd

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1035

Scrap a Day, May 2nd

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. Lots of hammering going on right outside my room this morning, making Twinkie not a very happy camper. We are about to go outside on leash. This morning I have a vet appointment for Sky for a follow up on her anal gland abscess last month. Then this afternoon I have a haircut/root coloring appointment. One more day to the crop and I need to get my preliminary tag done and get a picture of my scrap room. It’s so close cherries!

Hope you all have a great day.

Image Image Image Image

traveler
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 750

Re: Scrap a Day, May 2nd

Post by traveler »

I also need to get a before picture of my scrap room, but mostly I need to get my tomatoes and flowers planted today and laundry done so I'll have no distractions tomorrow. I have a sprinkler guy coming today, we want to get the sprinkler system changed a bit so it waters both rose bushes. 
Then we are going to the Sixers playoff game tonight. It's a big game with a lot of media hype, but will be the end of their season if they don't win. Unfortunately the game starts at 9pm which is really late for me, usually the games start at 7 or 7:30. I will be having a light dinner with lots of coffee before the game. I have no idea why the TV people decided 2 east coast teams need to play at 9pm.

Have a great day everyone and looking forward to tomorrow.

Oh - and I will be posting the rules for my progressive challenge in a few hours and then step 1 later in the day. I hope everyone plays along.
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1350

Post by VickiR »

Finishing up some last minute details for NSD and then working outside today in my flower beds.  Have a good day everyone!
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2426

Post by emmapaige »

pawprints wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 9:01 am
Hey Cherries. Lots of hammering going on right outside my room this morning, making Twinkie not a very happy camper. We are about to go outside on leash. This morning I have a vet appointment for Sky for a follow up on her anal gland abscess last month. Then this afternoon I have a haircut/root coloring appointment. One more day to the crop and I need to get my preliminary tag done and get a picture of my scrap room. It’s so close cherries!

I hope Sky’s appointment goes well and you enjoy your hair appointment.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3685

Post by blbabe1234 »

trainmom wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 9:06 am
I also need to get a before picture of my scrap room, but mostly I need to get my tomatoes and flowers planted today and laundry done so I'll have no distractions tomorrow. I have a sprinkler guy coming today, we want to get the sprinkler system changed a bit so it waters both rose bushes. 
Then we are going to the Sixers playoff game tonight. It's a big game with a lot of media hype, but will be the end of their season if they don't win. Unfortunately the game starts at 9pm which is really late for me, usually the games start at 7 or 7:30. I will be having a light dinner with lots of coffee before the game. I have no idea why the TV people decided 2 east coast teams need to play at 9pm.

Oh - and I will be posting the rules for my progressive challenge in a few hours and then step 1 later in the day. I hope everyone plays along.
:greensleeping:  *YAWN* I agree. a 9pm start time for a game....that is late for me too.

Good luck with planting the tomatoes and flowers today. Excited about the Progressive Challenge. I really enjoyed it the last time you had it

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

trainmom wrote:

I was wondering the same thing about the start time of the game. Even though I’m not a big basketball fan, I am a huge Philadelphia fan so I’m hoping they win. I’m looking forward to your progressive challenge.
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

My last day to have a lazy morning so I’m taking advantage of it. I’ve taken my shower and that’s been it so far. I want to make ice tea for the weekend. And I want to finish the Cherry Design Team YouTube hop. I’m not sure if a new sketch will be posted today but if there is, I want to do that this afternoon. 
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Good morning cherries! Yesterday was a great day. Work was quiet so I got a lot of work done despite having to stop at 4:30 to get ready for Draven's Kinder Graduation. DH got off of work early too and we got there a little after 5pm. We sat with my brother, SIL and the kiddos. We were in and out before 6:30. Luckily they broke up the ceremony into 3 separate evenings. A total of 12 Kinder classes for the year! So they did 4 on Monday, 4 on Tuesday and the last 4 yesterday. The littles did really good with sitting there. Jasper was getting into the applauding and would clap when he saw a kiddo walk across the stage. Wes did great too and only clapped when it was Draven's classmates. Anton did pretty good too, considering he's not even 1 yet.

Afterwards, we all went out to a local BBQ restraunt, then home to relax.

I've already washed towels, made up the grocery list and finalized our meals for the week and been working for a bit already. Skipped my walk and did yoga instead because I had an "incident" yesterday afternoon. 30 mins before we left for Draven's grad. ceremony. I accidentally stepped on one of the girls' chewing hoof and OMFG that hurt like a mother %&*@#$. Wow, worse than a lego or a micro toy. I iced it before we left and put a bandage on so my sandals wouldn't irritate it. Took an aleve last night to help me relax and yeah.....need to be extra careful. It's in the middle of my foot too, so it's not completely bad as I've got a nice arch. I think if I was completely flat footed I'd be having issues. So I'm able to walk normal w/o putting too much pressure on it. Thankful I work from home and have a desk job, but I still got things to do like clean bathrooms, sweep/mop floors and run some errands. :?  Oh well. I'll just have to see how much stuff I can get done w/o it hurting.

Anyways, back to work for me! Hope y'all have a great day.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

VickiR wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 9:12 am
Finishing up some last minute details for NSD and then working outside today in my flower beds.  Have a good day everyone!

Enjoy your flower beds. I wish my hip would allow me to do that. 
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 502

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

pawprints wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 9:01 am

I hope everything goes well for Sky! Enjoy your pampering time!! And yes, soooo close!! 😊
MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2021

Post by MTCanuk »

I am so jealous of you gals gardening. If I don’t plant before I get my knee surgery nothing will get planted this summer. And here it is May 2 and currently snowing! I know, I know! What the heck??

And we need to drive down to Helena for a dermatology appt. Hoping the roads will co operate.

Excited for tomorrow and a weekend of scrapping!! Need to make a couple of page kits when I get home later.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Cola

trainmom wrote:

Enjoy your game, Louise. I agree that 9 is late for a game! 🤷
Your garden sounds like it'll be amazing! 😍
Looking forward to your challenge! 😊
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 10:34 am
Good morning cherries! Yesterday was a great day. Work was quiet so I got a lot of work done despite having to stop at 4:30 to get ready for Draven's Kinder Graduation. DH got off of work early too and we got there a little after 5pm. We sat with my brother, SIL and the kiddos. We were in and out before 6:30. Luckily they broke up the ceremony into 3 separate evenings. A total of 12 Kinder classes for the year! So they did 4 on Monday, 4 on Tuesday and the last 4 yesterday. The littles did really good with sitting there. Jasper was getting into the applauding and would clap when he saw a kiddo walk across the stage. Wes did great too and only clapped when it was Draven's classmates. Anton did pretty good too, considering he's not even 1 yet.

I've already washed towels, made up the grocery list and finalized our meals for the week and been working for a bit already. Skipped my walk and did yoga instead because I had an "incident" yesterday afternoon. 30 mins before we left for Draven's grad. ceremony. I accidentally stepped on one of the girls' chewing hoof and OMFG that hurt like a mother %&*@#$. Wow, worse than a lego or a micro toy. I iced it before we left and put a bandage on so my sandals wouldn't irritate it. Took an aleve last night to help me relax and yeah.....need to be extra careful. It's in the middle of my foot too, so it's not completely bad as I've got a nice arch. I think if I was completely flat footed I'd be having issues. So I'm able to walk normal w/o putting too much pressure on it. Thankful I work from home and have a desk job, but I still got things to do like clean bathrooms, sweep/mop floors and run some errands. :?  Oh well. I'll just have to see how much stuff I can get done w/o it hurting.

Awww - sweet Draven looks so grown up! Glad you had a nice time with the family. But huge bummer about stepped on that hoof. I hope you feel better soon.
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Cola

VickiR wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 9:12 am

Excited for your Hostess spot!!! 😊😊😊 Enjoy your day, Vicki! ☺️
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

MTCanuk wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 10:37 am
I am so jealous of you gals gardening. If I don’t plant before I get my knee surgery nothing will get planted this summer. And here it is May 2 and currently snowing! I know, I know! What the heck??

And we need to drive down to Helena for a dermatology appt. Hoping the roads will co operate.

Excited for tomorrow and a weekend of scrapping!! Need to make a couple of page kits when I get home later.

I can’t believe it is snowing again. Please stay safe on your drive to the dermatologist. 
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

MTCanuk wrote:

I can't even imagine snow in May.

Hope the roads are okay for y'all's drive down to Helena
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Cola

emmapaige wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 10:33 am
My last day to have a lazy morning so I’m taking advantage of it. I’ve taken my shower and that’s been it so far. I want to make ice tea for the weekend. And I want to finish the Cherry Design Team YouTube hop. I’m not sure if a new sketch will be posted today but if there is, I want to do that this afternoon. 

I'm having a lazy morning, too, Chris! 😂
Iced Tea sounds good lol I drink a LOT of tea. Mostly water though lol.
I need to do the Hops more lol I ALWAYS end up going down a rabbit hole on YouTube! 😂
Have a great day!
Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Cola

blbabe1234 wrote:

Draven is sooooooooo adorable in hi little gown!!!!! 👏👏👏👏👏😊😊😊😊😊😊 Thank you for sharing this preciousness with us, Brandy! So sweet of the littles to be so well behaved, too!!! 😊😊😊
Ouches your foot!!!!!!! 😩 I'm constantly getting injuries and I feel your pain!!! I'm pretty sure I've stepped on one of those hooves before! I 🙏 pray it gets feeling better soon! Just try to take it easy and not do too much! 🫂 Hugs, my Cherry friend! 😊
Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Cola

MTCanuk wrote:

I'm sooo sorry you're having snow! Smh no bueno!!! I've seen it snow on Derby before, which is the 4th, so I'm wondering if the weather Gods will send some my way? 😂 I hope not, but I'm NOT betting on the horses! 😂
I hope you have lots of fun making those kits!!!! One MORE day!!! 😊😊😊
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 10:51 am
blbabe1234 wrote:

Draven is sooooooooo adorable in hi little gown!!!!! 👏👏👏👏👏😊😊😊😊😊😊 Thank you for sharing this preciousness with us, Brandy! So sweet of the littles to be so well behaved, too!!! 😊😊😊
Ouches your foot!!!!!!! 😩 I'm constantly getting injuries and I feel your pain!!! I'm pretty sure I've stepped on one of those hooves before! I 🙏 pray it gets feeling better soon! Just try to take it easy and not do too much! 🫂 Hugs, my Cherry friend! 😊 
Thank you Holly. I do have bad luck with my feet. LOL. About 14 years ago I was in the garage (older house we were living in at the time) and walked thru the laundry room, into the kitchen when my SIl (actually my brother's gf at the time) was like..Brandy...you're bleeding! From your foot! I looked and yes...there was a puddle of blood coming from my foot. And behind me..all the way thru the kitchen, laundry room and garage....a trail of blood. I sat down and my brother pulled out a piece of glass 😫  It didn't hurt until he pulled it out slowly...OMG.....it was about an inch deep and good size piece too. They cleaned me up and bandaged me up. I was going to go on my merry way, when my brother just picked me up and put me in my office chair so I can wheel all over the house. 😂 😂 DH was working late at the time but they made me call him to tell him....so I did. I didn't feel it until the next day. 😜 😳

Then in Nov 2017, I had a dog named Jeffrey. He was a rescue and we had him for 12 years. He was almost 15 years old...losing his hearing, had a cataract. He was abused very badly and we never once had an incident. I had accidentally kicked a doggie toy (a ball) out of the way of the walk way and it accidentally hit him. He was not happy and lunged at me. He bit me on my foot. BAD. Ended up getting infected and I fought cellulitis for almost a month because antibiotics just DID NOT WORK. On the other side of the incident, we ended up saying goodby to Jeffrey because he had other ailments and it after seeing his "odd" behavior the last few months...vet said he had doggie dementia. :(  Broke my heart......

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”