Tools of the Trade (printers)

Moderators: MamaK321, ACOT Employee

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Re: Tools of the Trade (printers)

Post by Art_Teacher »

No1Mommy wrote:
Art_Teacher wrote:My current printer is an Epson R1800 wide format printer. I can print 12 x 12 on it. I love the color cartridges that are individual, so when I run out of yellow, I just buy a yellow cartridge. I also love the print quality and the size! It seems to print well on a variety of papers, even some HP paper I had.

What type of printer do you have? Do you love it? Hate it? A little of both?
Okay...now...I have a question regarding using your own printer....what kind of paper do you use? I used to use CM to print my digital pages but they are going out of business....so I am scrambling....I want acid and lignin free paper..right?

I don't worry about acid and lignin-free. I print on Epson Premium Matte paper and I have had no issues. These papers and inks are supposed to last for 75 years, and I don't think my family or I will be worrying about them after that. ;)
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
butterfly843
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 874

Post by butterfly843 »

We have an HP that we love. I don't usually print many photos on it, but when I do they come out great. We use our printer a ton since my husband sells a lot on ebay and uses it to print shipping for packages.
jnet
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 43

Post by jnet »

I have an Epson Artisan 830 and I LOVE it!
Jeannette
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

jnet wrote:I have an Epson Artisan 830 and I LOVE it!
I have that one too...I agree! It's awesome!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Cherry Tart

Post by »

I appreciate all the comments and suggestions on printers.  Eventually, I may be in the market to upgrade for scrapbooking and photo printing purposes.  I haven't yet tried digital scrapbooking and my Canon MX882 printer seems to holding up all right and is able to do everything I ask of it.  :D 
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3695

Post by blbabe1234 »

I have an HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 PLUS - scanner/copier/printer. It isn't a wide format printer, but it prints color extremely well. I LOVE IT! I work from home, so I'm constantly printing b/w documents (excel, word, emails, pdfs) and it scans fast and copies faster. Its quiet too. I can scan/copy two different ways. Its wireless, so anyone in the house on our network can print. Even from your smart phone! And the photos come out nice and clear and full of color!

I bought it last July and JUST two months ago, I had to buy black AND the colored inks. Not bad at all. 9 months is pretty good with how often I use it!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage

Return to “Digital Talk”