Ideas needed.

Moderators: MamaK321, ACOT Employee

lmcgill
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 118

Ideas needed.

Post by lmcgill »

Celticrose and I are hosting a crop to benefit Relay for Life.  We have items donated for the raffle table but we also have items that we make.  I need new ideas of things that I can make.  So, Cherries if you have ideas, please share them.  Thanks!
Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 592

Re: Ideas needed.

Post by Shutterbug »

What about creating a Small Recipe Book.
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.
christinec68
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 254

Post by christinec68 »

What kind of things do you make already?  
lmcgill
Cherry Bing

Post by lmcgill »

I like the recipe book idea, thanks!

Last year we did beaded bracelets and earrings, card sets, altered picture frame, and burlap wreaths.  We also sew, so ideas in that area could work also.
christinec68
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 254

Post by christinec68 »

How about scrapping aprons...the ones with pockets across the front? 
lmcgill
Cherry Bing

Post by lmcgill »

christinec68 wrote:How about scrapping aprons...the ones with pockets across the front? 

That is another good idea!  I will have to find examples.

Scrap Bug
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 240

Post by Scrap Bug »

A friend does well with making coasters.  She gets cheap ceramic squares from the home improvement store and then mod podges pattern paper on them, does a gloss glaze over the top and sells them as sets of 4.  Different designs, sometimes she'll do a team theme, holiday theme, work theme, etc.  
Melissa
lmcgill
Cherry Bing

Post by lmcgill »

So glad to hear that the coasters go over well.  I have wanted to make some but haven't yet.  This will push me to do some, thanks!
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1740

Post by beachlover »

how about going to the dollar store or something and getting some travel mugs, or other glassware that people always use and filling it with candy...  my SIL got these huge beer steins and wine glasses for $1 each and decorated them as gifts for our wedding...  I went later to get a few of the wine glasses to have at home and they were gone but I found some I liked even better at Christmas Tree store for $3 each

do you make baked items?  get a cheap plate (again dollar store) and wrap cookies or brownies on it...  I like having some of those plastic plates - they are great for serving at picnics!

the recipe book is great too - if you decide to do that let me know, I have tons - mostly crockpot stuff and quick and easy stuff
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2439

Post by emmapaige »

Those are all reallly great ideas!  Having seen your cards in person, I would LOVE to win some!! ImageImage

Let me know if you are looking for more donations because I'd love to help.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Celticrose
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 88

Post by Celticrose »

All of you have such great ideas!!!   I'm loving them!!
ImageImageImage
ScrappyDistractions
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 842

Post by ScrappyDistractions »

Another idea is marbled mugs (or trinket bowls) - get cheap white mugs from dollar store (I got some from CVS for $1 each).  Take small tub of warm-hot water and pour small amounts of 2 or 3 different nail polish (cheap polish - like the $0.99 stuff).  Use a toothpick to lightly swirl the nail polish to create the marble effect and then just dip the mug in the container.  Here is a video of where I first saw the technique:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU07_y3jRlQ
Lisa - Scrappy Distractions

ImageImageImage

lmcgill
Cherry Bing

Post by lmcgill »

emmapaige wrote: Those are all reallly great ideas!  Having seen your cards in person, I would LOVE to win some!! ImageImage

Thanks, Chris.  I would love for you to win some, too!  We can always use donations, so thanks for wanting to help.

lmcgill
Cherry Bing

Post by lmcgill »

ScrappyDistractions wrote:Another idea is marbled mugs (or trinket bowls) - get cheap white mugs from dollar store (I got some from CVS for $1 each).  Take small tub of warm-hot water and pour small amounts of 2 or 3 different nail polish (cheap polish - like the $0.99 stuff).  Use a toothpick to lightly swirl the nail polish to create the marble effect and then just dip the mug in the container.  Here is a video of where I first saw the technique:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU07_y3jRlQ

These look great!

All of theses ideas will keep us busy!

I am loving all of the help!

lmcgill
Cherry Bing

Post by lmcgill »

beachlover wrote:how about going to the dollar store or something and getting some travel mugs, or other glassware that people always use and filling it with candy...  my SIL got these huge beer steins and wine glasses for $1 each and decorated them as gifts for our wedding...  I went later to get a few of the wine glasses to have at home and they were gone but I found some I liked even better at Christmas Tree store for $3 each

do you make baked items?  get a cheap plate (again dollar store) and wrap cookies or brownies on it...  I like having some of those plastic plates - they are great for serving at picnics!

the recipe book is great too - if you decide to do that let me know, I have tons - mostly crockpot stuff and quick and easy stuff

Ann,  recipes would be great.  Send some our way, please.

average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 846

Post by average_kim »

Here's some ideas I have saved on Pinterest:

I linked them to their sources.  I hate it when you pin something and it goes to a general look at these pins, and you never can find the source....

Kim

Image Image  
lmcgill
Cherry Bing

Post by lmcgill »

More great ideas, thanks!  I have the tile one pinned, too.  I could use the jewelry one for myself, do I have time ti make 2?
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2439

Post by emmapaige »

lmcgill wrote:
emmapaige wrote: Those are all reallly great ideas!  Having seen your cards in person, I would LOVE to win some!! ImageImage

Thanks, Chris.  I would love for you to win some, too!  We can always use donations, so thanks for wanting to help.

We'll chat on Saturday! 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

lmcgill
Cherry Bing

Post by lmcgill »

emmapaige wrote:
lmcgill wrote:

Looking forward to seeing you.
We'll chat on Saturday! 
average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 846

Post by average_kim »

lmcgill wrote:More great ideas, thanks!  I have the tile one pinned, too.  I could use the jewelry one for myself, do I have time ti make 2?
It seems the most complicated project of those posted. But I didn't know your skill level or time you have until the event. I've completed one and fizzled out on the second. I had a hard time on the bias tape, but if you both worked together, maybe could whip out a few, lol. If not now, maybe work on them for next year's event. Good luck with whatever you decide!
Kim

Image Image  

Return to “Digital Talk”