• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: McDonald's Uses Polymerization on Yu-Gi-Oh!/Hello Kitty for Happy Meals

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FishLion

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 4:16 pm Reply with quote
This is my childhood obsession mixed with my adulthood obsession, I need Cinnamoroll Blue-Eyes White Dragon so badly
Nipasu

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Canada has had this promotion running since last month. And the UK started last week, I think.
K.o.R

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 2:47 am Reply with quote
Don't get your hopes too high, they're more like printed pillows than plushies. Still cool though. Razz
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 3:14 pm Reply with quote
zad> wrote:
boycott this Mad

For anyone who's going "why?" because zad> couldn't be bothered to explain why, McDonald's has been supportive of a certain government involved with some current geopolitical controversy in the Middle East (the east coast of the Mediterranean specifically).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 3:33 am Reply with quote
Quote:
McDonald's is using the spell card Polymerization to fuse Yu-Gi-Oh! and Hello Kitty as Happy Meal toys around the world.

It is still an absolute crime 4kids changed the Japanese card name "Yuugou" meaning "Fusion" in English, a simple 7 letter word, to "Polymerization", a longer and not so simple to say word (depending on your age & since 4kids is for kids... you know).
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Rob19ny wrote:
Quote:

McDonald's is using the spell card Polymerization to fuse Yu-Gi-Oh! and Hello Kitty as Happy Meal toys around the world.

It is still an absolute crime 4kids changed the Japanese card name "Yuugou" meaning "Fusion" in English, a simple 7 letter word, to "Polymerization", a longer and not so simple to say word (depending on your age & since 4kids is for kids... you know).

No, no, "fusion" is known from DBZ Laughing

Besides, we've always complained about localizations dumbing down stuff, but here's a reverse where let the kids learn something new
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1